PDA

View Full Version : fleas

lolas mum
23rd July 2007, 10:15 PM
Hi just a quicky,I have found fleas on Lola and am wanting to treat her.
What is the best and most reliable thing to use?
I was going to go to vet in the morning to buy Frontline! is this a good one?

sharon xxx

CVFlagg
23rd July 2007, 11:28 PM
Ugh! This just happened to me today too, I am so frustrated. In went to the vet and they gave me a Capstar pill (not sure if they have them in the UK) but that kills all of the adult fleas within 4 hours. I also use Frontline, monthly and until now it seemed to work well.

While I was at the vet, I expressed my frustration with the whole flea situation and they said that for some reason where I live (Texas) the flea problem has been really bad this year. I am not the only one coming in to get treated even though we use something monthly.

One thing you need to do is take all of her bedding and fabric toys and wash them in hot water. Also, vaccumm any carpets that you have or bedding she has laid on. I also vaccumm out my car to be safe. Hope this helps!

loveisokay
23rd July 2007, 11:56 PM
It'll be a lot cheaper if you purchase online than go to the vet for Frontline!

Cathy Moon
24th July 2007, 03:32 AM
I always buy Frontline from my vet. Then I know for sure what I'm getting.

Be careful to not mix medications - talk to the vet about all options first.

Caraline
27th July 2007, 01:12 AM
We use Frontline on our guys too. A nice little money saving trick is to buy Frontline for giant breed. You can draw up the correct amount with a syringe & needle; remove the needle (of course), and then squirt the dose onto the dog. Put some sticky tape over the tiny hole in the Frontline, and you will get about 6 or so doses out of one pipette. It makes the price of the Frontline about 1/4 of the cost.

sallymum
27th July 2007, 11:48 AM
We use Frontline on our guys too. A nice little money saving trick is to buy Frontline for giant breed. You can draw up the correct amount with a syringe & needle; remove the needle (of course), and then squirt the dose onto the dog. Put some sticky tape over the tiny hole in the Frontline, and you will get about 6 or so doses out of one pipette. It makes the price of the Frontline about 1/4 of the cost.

What a great idea. I will be doing that next time their due.

tanztanya
1st August 2007, 04:50 PM
i think fleas must be goin around at the moment, i found some on cookie last week and went to the petshop as ran out of the anti-flea carpet powder and they'v had so many people in with flea infestation that they had run out of everything apart from the tablets. The tablets seemed to work, it said on the box give it 6 hours.