• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly & Maxwell go Camping

Lynn

Checking out the sleeping bags on the floor of the living room... nice & comfy!!!!

885748758_0b3dda0581.jpg

OK mom, we're here....waiting patiently while you & daddy put up the tent....

885748960_e00c4331f7.jpg

Daddy checks out the map...(Molly)

885749132_81be71ef5f.jpg

Hey Daddy....are you done with that map yet??? (Molly)

885749176_50740f4d27.jpg

The path took us by this glacial boulder....these enormous rocks were everywhere!!!

885749258_3a468292a7.jpg

Soon we were just following the blue marks on the trees as the path was all overgrown. Mommy & Daddy were so impressed that no matter how 'invisible' the path became, we always knew the way.

885809718_6546035ab4.jpg

The 2 mile hike was at least 4 miles, which meant we stopped and took a nice rest!!!! (Maxwell)

885809560_b88356669b.jpg

Looks like Molly and Maxwell enjoyed hiking and camping!! I love the one where they are 'waiting patiently'. :)

Looks like...

they had a great time camping and going for that lovely walk.:D That bolder/rock thingy looked HUGE. I would be seriosly worrid if I saw that on my street.:-| :-| As if........................don't I have a weird imagination eh? :D :D :D

Great photos! The furbabies look like they had a great time.

I can't help but give a small tip on your tent/ground tarp setup....If there's even the slightest chance of rain or heavy dew, you should always fold the tarp so it is completely under the tent. If the tarp is sticking out it will collect all the water that falls on it and it will pool under your tent. If the tarp is completely under the tent the water will run along the ground and stay under the tarp and away from your tent bottom.

Just a little tip from someone who's camped in the rain far too many times!

I can't help but give a small tip on your tent/ground tarp setup....If there's even the slightest chance of rain or heavy dew, you should always fold the tarp so it is completely under the tent.

OMG....I never knew that!!! We tent camped 15 years ago then bought a camper. We still have the camper, but I love the simplicity of a tent...less like taking our living room with us....more like 'camping'. I was not aware of folding the tarp under!!! IT RAINS every TIME we go camping (it seems) and that is a GREAT piece of advice! Thanks so much for sharing that!

The swimming photos & camping photos are from the same trip.... I didn't mention that before, sorry!

Lynn, You are very welcome! The majority of modern tents have bottoms made out of tarp material that are supposedly waterproof, but they never are. For my groundcloth I laid out a huge tarp like you have in your picture, set my tent up on it and then cut the groundcloth to size, making sure the tent overlapped it by a couple or three inches. You don't want any tarp to be sticking out to catch that rain! The groundcloth now packs up with the tent and all I have to do is throw it down on the ground and throw the tent up...no folding or fussing!

I've been on camping trips where I woke up in the morning and some fellow campers had enough water in their tents that their air mattresses were floating! I was very lucky as a child to have a very good Girl Scout leader and a helpful Daddy who always taught me all the little tips for outdoor adventuring! I'm not really the outdoorsy type, but if I prepare well and set everything up correctly, my tent and surrounding encampment can be a very pleasant place to be. Oh, I also highly recommend you bring a doormat and a little bench or stool to set just outside your tent door so you can easily take off your dirty/muddy boots/shoes before entering the tent!

Last edited:
Back