PDA

View Full Version : GETTING SORTED: Fred and Ginger

Karlin
24th July 2007, 06:06 PM
This lovely couple were rescued from a puppy farm situation, where they emerged together, tails wagging anyway, from the boot of a car. Ginger is a small girl, very sweet natured and outgoing and interested in everything and is likely around 4-5; Fred is a solid handsome guy, around 18-24 months and a bit shy; he feels more confident with a dog companion, ideally, Ginger.

Fred has a damaged eye socket that he was likely born with, but the good news is the vet says he is fine with it this way; it doesn't need treatment nor does the eye need removal, it just gives him a squint and a part-blind side (so he needs to be on the lead always near traffic or any type of hazard).

Ginger and Fred are currently in foster where they have been very good on their housetraining and are gaining in overall confidence each day as they realise they are now housedogs, not breeding dogs. They are soon to be spayed and neutered.

I would like to home these as a pair because they have always been together and fostered together as well. Pictures kindly taken by their fosterer, Thelly.

Please contact me by PM if you are interested in offering a kind indoor home to this pair.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1357/829792371_8cd6e3b9ff_m.jpg
Meet Ginger!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1260/830656114_c51c2a576e_m.jpg
Bed Time!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1104/830656486_f33d8f8992_m.jpg
I'm Fred!

Karlin
24th July 2007, 07:15 PM
Homing applications are in the 'Introduction' section of www.ckcsrescue.com. :thmbsup:

Karlin
26th July 2007, 05:52 PM
Fred is being home-vetted while Ginger is now on hold and won't be homed for a little while.

coconut
26th July 2007, 06:25 PM
fingers crossed that she will get a good home bless they are so cute, glad that they are not in the situation they were!

Karlin
26th July 2007, 06:46 PM
Well, they are in a slightly different one... Ginger is about to have puppies. :yikes

I am sure Thelly will update once things start to happen!

Both the vet and I had thought she was underweight two weeks ago, and she wasn't showing any signs of pregnancy then. Now, she has milk, the vet today could feel puppies, and we will probably have babies within 48 hours.

I am sure everyone will be sending best wishes and support to Thelly who has kindly offered to bring Ginger through her whelping.

coconut
26th July 2007, 06:48 PM
oh my god poor ginger!! but karlin i LOVE puppies if u need a help give me a shout! What is going to happen to the puppies??

Karlin
26th July 2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the offer of help -- it may be used! :lol:

The puppies will eventually be rehomed following the usual Cav Rescue procedures. :) It will be interesting to see what they turn out to be! :lol: We do not know who or what the father might have been.

coconut
26th July 2007, 07:05 PM
ah well keep me posted anyway and let me know how she gets on!

Rj Mac
26th July 2007, 08:30 PM
Fingers crossed for Fred's home vetting, and hope Ginger comes thru everything ok

TKC
27th July 2007, 01:51 AM
Keeping my eyes firmly closed, dont even let me get a whif of a cavalier puppy LOL :)

Karlin
2nd August 2007, 11:46 PM
Fred is going to a lovely Dublin family who picked him out specially, and have had his picture on the mantelpiece all week. :) Two kids are VERY excited to finally meet him tomorrow. Hopefully the family gerbil will also be as thrilled. :lol:

casshon
3rd August 2007, 09:21 AM
Great news. I'm sure Fred, the kids and the gerbil will be very happy :luv:

Rj Mac
3rd August 2007, 10:05 PM
That's brilliant news, so pleased for Fred to have found his home :D

sallymum
3rd August 2007, 10:35 PM
Another dog gone to a great home. Well done Karlin