• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Why my dog is so fat.

MishathePooh

I've noticed a pretty decent increase in my dog's weight in the past few months. I stopped feeding him treats, and then cut his portion sizes down. Fearing health problems, I figured it was time for a vet visit.

This morning he thought I left for work. I went downstairs to find him smiling on top of the dining room table with an empty cat food bowl. This is a dog who will be 11 next week and the table is 3ft high. O_O Can't believe him!

Oh well, at least I know it's probably not a health issue! Hopefully I can get him back down to size now :)

ROFL! Did he jump up on a chair and then onto the table? What a little stinker! And agile stinker, but a stinker nonetheless!

My Sam who is 8 is also over weight is the same, he would do or get anywhere if he can sniff food. Nothing in our house can be left out. For awhile we were wondering why the cats were always looking for food until we realised that Sam was getting it. Now we make sure the cats are locked in while there eating.

Have to admit....you made me laugh. What a sly little fella. I love hearing how feisty and active he is at 11!!!

Aha, then you didn't know about how they use their angel wings to fly up to hdden treats like cat food... :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

That is very funny. At least you know the main contributing factor. They are very sneaky when it comes to getting extra treats and food supplies!

He is a clever one! Does this mean that your cat has been slimming down due to the lack of cat food?

:rotfl: Resourcefull little man. And yes it is great to know he is still fit enough to jump up on the table. Mystery solved eh?

:rotfl: That sounds like a cavalier alright! There doesn't sound to be any health problems if he can jump up on a table at age 11 :D

oh bless - yes I have some "counter surfers" too LOL

At least you've discovered the mystery - they can be incredibly wily when it comes to getting to food. Great that he's keeping so well at 11 to be able to do that - my 11 year old is also still my naughtiest LOL

Dogs love to eat the cat food. I've put mine in all kinds of different places just so the dogs won't eat it. My cats used to eat on top of the dryer just so they would at least get some food. Also I have put their food in the bathtub (Breeze would never go in there and can't reach it from the floor) and on the bathroom sink. Now both dogs are blocked in the livingroom during the day, but I still have to keep a very close eye on Alex's food.

Thee kitty was a bit chubby and I noticed her getting to a good weight. She is one to eat in small portions so I was wondering why she was "wolfing down" her food and looking for more!

Misha is definitely all Cavalier! His favorite food appears to be chocolate so we always have to keep it behind at least two closed doors ;)

Back