PDA

View Full Version : This is terrible.

Barbara Nixon
25th July 2007, 01:13 PM
Because of the floods in parts of England, there are not enough rescue places to go round and some dog shave drowned. Even worse, Severn Trent Water have refused to supply water to kennels and suggested throuwing the animals out to fend for themselves. They suggest contacting the RSPCA, but how do they expect them to help ? ST have even refused to suppy large containers to concerns who have found an alternative supply.

I and many others would switch supplier, immediately, if we had a choice.

Nicki
25th July 2007, 01:35 PM
oh that's disgusting Barbara, has someone contacted the National Press - TV etc...I really think they should get as much bad publicity as possible for the water company...

Barbara Nixon
25th July 2007, 01:36 PM
Yes. The story was in the Daily Mail.

inca
25th July 2007, 02:21 PM
Because of the floods in parts of England, there are not enough rescue places to go round and some dog shave drowned. Even worse, Severn Trent Water have refused to supply water to kennels and suggested throuwing the animals out to fend for themselves. They suggest contacting the RSPCA, but how do they expect them to help ? ST have even refused to suppy large containers to concerns who have found an alternative supply.

I and many others would switch supplier, immediately, if we had a choice.

these quotes have been denied by trent water

Barbara Nixon
25th July 2007, 02:55 PM
Someone contributing to the thread, about this, on Dogpages, has added this link to the Mail's webpage ( the animal article is fairly low down the list). I wouldn't expect them to risk libel, by saying something that's untrue. Another person quotes about the RSPCA suggestion, from ST's website, but the link is now down, so it's not possible to actually read it there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=470508&in_page_id=1770