• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Worming Tablets

Kelly

Just wondered if any of you had experienced any side effects after worming your babies?

Chester was at the Vets on Saturday to have his anal sacs emptied & his worming tablet but since then he has had a funny tummy and his No. 2's have been varying between normal & soft with some funny mucus in them (too much information I know!!).

Also, after scooting on the carpet he kicks his feet out just like he does after he goes to the toilet.

Any ideas?

Hi Kelly,

None of my dogs suffer side effects from the worming medication, but I have heard that if there are worms present that they can get an upset tummy as they are being purged and that can result in nasty looking poos. If Chester is otherwise well in himself I'd give it a few more days but it may be reassuring for you to make a quick phone call to your vet & ask if he thinks it is anything to worry about.

I've had soft poops with most of mine after worming tablets. The scooting and kicking wuld be common behaviours for some of our dogs too. :)

My puppy has shown side affects & it always includes blood in her stools for a few days along with soft stools with mucus. First time she did this, I called the vet & they said it can be a normal reaction & is okay to last two weeks!! That is unless it gets worse, obviously.

Thanks for all your responses, puts my mind at rest.

I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days just to be on the safe side.

Alfie had his anal glands emptied last week and he always is a bit runny after and scoots for a few days then it all settles down again. I am sure we have the same vet in Ware if I remember rightly.

Yes we do have the same Vets.

Thankfully he seems to be over the "softness" now. They looked pretty much back to normal this morning. People must think I am rather odd inspecting my dogs poos when we're out walking!!!

Back