• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bad poopie day...any ideas?

Donna27

Fiona got spayed last Friday, and has had an unbelievable recovery, you wouldnt even know she had surgery. Also, as I've mentioned in other posts, we finally found a food she loves and think that she might have some kind of food allergy previously, so her new food is corn and wheat free and she scarfs it down every morning and every night.

That being said, yesterday when I got home from work she had gone #2 three times in the house, and had gone #1 once. She's still potty training, but is really good about holding her #1 and will only go #2 if she's alone longer than usual, which is our fault. Yesterday, all three #2s were very runny and watery, not solid at all. She went again right before bed, and it was the same way. We've noticed that her stools have gotten a little softer in the past few weeks, but never this runny, and she NEVER goes 3 times during the day. This morning when I took her out it was a lot more normal. Could this maybe be an effect from the painkillers that the vet gave us? She only eats half a tablet in the morning and half at night, and it's not a high dosage so I doubted it was that. I thought it might be her new food, but for the first week after we started her on it, her #2 was as normal as it's ever been, so it doesnt really make sense that it would suddenly change, right?

What else can cause changes in this? any ideas?

Sorry to hear her tummy is bad! Yes, it could definitely be 1) after effects of the GA and 2) reaction to painkillers and 3) just general mild stress to her body. Hopefully she will be fine now; if not, give your vet a call.

I am glad to hear that Fiona has recovered fast from her spaying. Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles. I can only nod in agreement with what Karlin has said. Hope it settles down soon.

Back