• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Guess what I have!!!

blue_star

I've finally been given Tobys papers from his previous owners. The book even have the original reciept for him that my great grand mother had kept along with the bill for his first vets visit.
We also found out he is actually 10 this year and not nine as we orginally thought!
Tobys real name is: Ispahan Simply Soul, his grand dad is CH Alberto of Kindrum on his dads side and his great grandad is CH Cavaliegh Alexander.

I was thinking about contacting the breeder but I don't know if its the done thing or not. I've done a quick search but can find nothing. From the paper work he is from Ispahan in Morton in March and the breeders name is Mrs E King-Smith. From what I found it looks as if she is still on the show circuit and was actually at Crufts this year, it also looks as if she is a judge too.

Now I have the paper work its like Toby is really mine!!:rah: :rah:

Woo hoo! Congratulations. Toby is a lucky boy now to have you as his forever home!!

That's very good, to have Alberto as a granddad. He's a very influential and famous dog in breed history. My boys have Alberto as well, but further back, as does my mother's cavalier (great grandpa for her dog).

My Dylan has Alberto as great grandpa too
That's very good, to have Alberto as a granddad. He's a very influential and famous dog in breed history. My boys have Alberto as well, but further back, as does my mother's cavalier (great grandpa for her dog).
Talk about one big family, looks like a lot of our cavvies are related!

I wonder whether she's related to the well known author, Dick King-Smith, who came from Gloucester.
Oh I never thought about that. Still trying to find her email address, sometimes I find it difficult on the phone and I think it can be a bit intrusive.

Ch: Alberto of Kindrum was an amazingly influential stud dog and only passed away recently, he was well known for his longevity, and is behind my Crystal's babies too!!

The Breeder you mention is still currently active and I have looked in the year book but she has no email address listed so I cannot help you further there, I do know however that she would be delighted to hear from you, if you want to check up on her phone number feel free to PM me, from the Address you have posted I think she has moved since your Mum bought Toby!!

It is always nice to have their papers and feel like they are "officially" yours isn't it? :) :)

Ch. Alberto of Kindrum was my Cracker's Grandad too :) :).

Cracker lived 3 Sept 1992 - 4 September 2001. Looks like lots of little cousins or something running around :).

Hi Everyone,
Finally got the courage to ring Toby's breeder who was sooo nice. She would like us to go and visit which is wonderful. She also told me that Toby's dad is still alive at the grand age of 14!!! I was so worried she might not want to know but I am really happy now. It would be lovely to see some pictures of his dad and mum. Will let you know how it goes, have give Toby a stern talking to about behaving while we are there (no farting, no humping, no weeing or pooping in the house!)

How nice for both Toby's breeder and for you that you will get to meet. Do go. It will be great fun for both of you. We got to visit with our Buddy's breeder a few weeks ago. Although we have been in touch by e-mail, she lives about seven or eight hours from here and she had last seen Buddy when he was six months old. He is now two and a half. It was sort of like getting the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval to have her say how wondeful he looked, how happy he seemed and how glad she was that she had been right about us!

I don't think I would be able to meet up if we were 8 hours away, too long and I don't drive long distances. I did say to her he was a bit over weight but its not my fault and he has actually lost weight since being with me LOL. It was lovely to chat and I explained how I came to have Toby and the fact my Great Grandmother only had him for 6 months but he did mean so much to her.

Can't wait now for next week :dogwlk:

Back