• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our weirdest looking, but loveable guy!

Doggydad

I thought some of y'all might get a kick out of seeing our most weirdest looking, but loveable guy of our pack.

This is Hobie (nickname for Hobo). Hobie is a Heinz 57 but predominately Poodle (I think). Doggymom rescued Hobie off of the street back in later 2003. At the time, DM & I were performing the site work, constructing the driveways, landscaping, etc. on a large custom home in a small town called Havana, Fl, just north of Tallahassee.

DM was at a landscape nursery down in Tallahassee picking up her plants, supplies, etc. one day when she spotted Hobie jumping up and down between the plants chasing butterflies. The little guy was so matted with burrs, muddy dirt, etc., she couldn't even tell what it was from a distance.

She asked the proprietor "what is that?" He told her it was some sort of dog (he wasn't an animal lover) that had been running back and forth across the 4-lane divided highway out front, almost getting hit several times, to chase butterflies in the nursery.

After confirming with the guy that Hobie had been a "street vagabond" (hence the name Hobo) for several weeks, and obviously homeless, she scooped him up and brought him back to our jobsite.

He was emaciated and matted so thickly with junk we could hardly believe it. We were at a loss even as to how we were going to clean him up without hurting him he was in such bad shape. One thing going in his favor was that he was a happy dog in spite of his condition. His little tail just kept wagging a hundred miles an hour no matter what!

At the time, we were temporarily living in a cottage on a large horse farm just over the state line in Georgia until the project was completed. We brought Hobie home that evening after work and showed him to the caretaker who was also responsible for the horses care on the farm including grooming. He offered up a solution & recommendation to take his electric horse clippers and shave him down completely, then clean him up and nurse him back to health, which we did.

Now he's turned out to be such a great dog! He's the weirdest looking dog of our pack but minds the best of all seven of our "kids" And couldn't be more loveable!

The first three pics are from April, 05' during the time we were still keeping his coat short to manage his health.

The last three of "Mr. Fu-Man-Chu" Hobie are from last week right after coming back from the groomer.

Hobie1.jpg

On the back of the couch.

Hobie2.jpg

"Whats so special about you Rubies anyway?"

Hobie3.jpg

"Hey, how come the cavvies have more toys than me?"

Hobie4.jpg

"Ha! My Fu-Man-Chu beats the heck out of any cavvie's slippers!"

Hobie5.jpg

With DM. Now all is well in the world!

Hobie6.jpg

"I'll give you 3-hours to put me down!"

Oh my what a cutie. I love the last two pics. He sure looks like he has some Afghan Hound to me!! Adorable!!!

I think he is just adorable and he really looks so happy. I am so happy you took him in and got him healthy there should be more people in this world like you and your family.
judy

I loved reading about him. You could tell his personality just by the description....matted and emaciated but chasing butterflies. He is gorgeous!!

He's awesome and I think he should always have that magnificant beard (Fu-Man-Chu?) I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!

Just love that beard, he could join ZZ Top with that! :lol: totally adorable!! :lotsaluv:

Awwww I love Hobie! He looks so wise with that beard. What a lucky fellow he is to have found his way to such a loving family that appreciates him. :luv:

Back