• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Popping sound when she walks

ctibbs

I've been reading this forum off and on since we got Sandy, our sweet baby. She's 9 months old. :lotsaluv: In the last week, I've noticed a popping sound when she's walking. It's not loud, at first I thought it was her collar and the tags. Then I double checked her nails thinking they may need to be cut and they were making the sound on the floor. But that's not it. She doesn't act as if she's hurting and is not favoring one leg or another. I can't quite figure out which leg is making the noise because as soon as I try to listen and watch, it doesn't do it. :-? Nothing feels swollen and I don't feel anything under the surface. But of course, I'm not a vet. I've read a lot about their tendency for dislocated knees and this doesn't sound like what I've read, but I could be wrong. And the vet so far hasn't noticed any issues with her. It is time to take her in for a check-up (I'd take her in regardless), but I just thought I'd see if anybody here might have any insight or feedback about this.

Thank you!
Carrie

I'd be thinking nails too. Can't imagine what would cause a noticeable clicking or popping sound, if her joints are all OK. icon_nwunsure

My Sam's (the Boxer) knee makes popping/clicking noises when he walks, but he does have very bad arthritis in it. I've known some humans who have had little clicking noises in their leg when they have been walking, and yet had no pain.

Could be toenails clicking on the ground. Do you hear it when he walks on carpet or grass?

No, it's definitely not her nails. They are trimmed and you can hear it even when she's on the carpet. It's popping more often. My brother used to snap, crackle and pop when he walked. He was really limber and double jointed. I'm worried that this could be a sign of future knee or hip problems. But I can't find this mentioned anywhere. icon_nwunsure

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Carrie

Back