PDA

View Full Version : How do you say "Puppia?"

KingstonsMom
30th July 2007, 08:53 PM
I've always wondered....How do you pronounce Puppia? I usually accentuate the "I" sound, like "pup-pee-a." Or is it supposed to sound like "puppy-uh"??? Silly question, I know!

By the way, I recently ordered the blue spring plaid harness, and Kingston looks absolutely adorable in it! I bought the matching lead as well. However, my boyfriend refuses to walk him in the matching set because he says it's too "girly."

Cathryn
30th July 2007, 08:59 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who was wondering about this!! :lol: I always say "Pup-E-Ah" myself!!

Harry & Heidi's mom
30th July 2007, 08:59 PM
i say it the first way pup-pee-a
hope i'm not wrong ha ha ha

nlg679
30th July 2007, 09:14 PM
My dad always pronounced it : puh-PEE- uh....and he was italian.....I liked that pronunciation but admit I say pup--e-uh

Karlin
30th July 2007, 09:28 PM
I say PUPpia myself!

Cathy T
30th July 2007, 09:40 PM
I say PUP too. Isn't that funny....I've heard it pronounced both ways. Jake has the blue plaid too and he looks sooo handsome in it!! Post a picture of Kingston in his and I'll get a picture of Jake in his. Shelby has the matching pink plaid.

Cathy Moon
31st July 2007, 03:58 AM
:lol: I pronounce it Puh PEE ah.

It a nice endearment name for our cavs, too!;)

GudrunTheRed
1st August 2007, 08:26 PM
My boyfriend likes to say poo-PEE-uh just to annoy me! I usually say PUP-ia. In my opinion it's a to-may-to to-mah-to issue...whatever sounds good to your ear is the best way!

jennifer
2nd August 2007, 06:05 PM
I say pup-pi-a. You know I have not got a glue how it is surpost to be pronouced though.