• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Gas Man

mlc4140

So, this morning I am doing my normal routine, getting ready and such. Sabrina needed to go outside to potty and plus it was a nice morning out and she likes to be outdoors of course. I am usually sitting right at our table where I can watch her every move, but nature called(I need not to say more) so I am upstairs when I keep hearing a voice. I didn't really think much of it at first because the neighbors grandkids are there and they are alway out first thing in the morning playing. Then I hear " Oh your such a cute puppy, oh does puppy want a belly rub". Now mind you all I live in a 2 story house, flight of stairs is about 15 and I was out of my room down those stairs in 2 steps :jmp:and ran thru the kitchen to my deck door and here was this man giving my baby a belly rub, I said excuse me who the :swear:are you and why are you touching my dog!!!!!??? I think he about wet himself and Sabrina just looked at me like why'd he stop rubbing my belly? He stood up and said I am just the gas man and your puppy is the most gorgeous dog I have ever seen. He kept apologizing that he didn't mean to scare me and so on. He just kept saying he'd never seen a dog like that and so friendly, which is why in the first place I took those steps in 2. Silly Sabrina was just mad cause he stopped rubbing her belly, little does she know my heart stopped!!! I know he meant no harm, but good lord he scared the daylights out of me. I thought someone was trying to take her. I explained this to him and then he was really apologetic to me. Anyway all is well, just gave me a scare is all.

I would have had a heart attack.
I am so afraid that one of the workers is going to leave the gates open. We have a double gate system and once they left the near gate open-- I saw the dogs run out and I was scared to pieces the outer gate might also be open. I've never flown down steps so fast in my life.

I think I would have been just as fast down those steps too!! Main thing is no harm done, 2 scared folks and one annoyed dog yes, but no harm done!! :hug:

I'll bet that scared you! And got Sabrina a bit miffed that you interrupted her belly rub. Your gas man sounds sweet!

Yes the gas man is nice, and I probably need to apologize to him when I see him again, because he probably thinks I am quite the &*&^. Let me say too that where we live is in the country, but in a subdivision, so its highly unlikely that someone would be hunting for a cavalier to take, though I am always on my guard. Like I said before I am 99% of the time sitting at my table watching her every move while she is outside playing. I had a different thought altogether actually and I will put a different post about that later, (on who it was on my deck).

Back