• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tick prevention

nlg679

After feeling unwell and experiencing awful joint pain and tendinitis and bursitis in my hip and shoulder, I have again contracted lyme disease. I had it exactly one year ago as well.
My dilemma---I use frontline on both doggies. We know that frontline kills the ticks but only after they bite the dog. My dogs are well groomed but do romp outdoors to play and do their business. My property is backed up against woods and we have all of nature coming into the yard. Deer repellent is used to keep them at the border but chipmunks, birds, carry the tick as well.
Do you know of any natural repellent I can use on the dogs???
Anything is worth a try as I try to cut down my chances of being infected again.
The little ones sleep on my bed at night.....I don't want that to change but I am thinking that is how the lyme tick made its way to me. This go-around I had no rash just multiple symptoms that pointed to lyme and yes I was positive on all bands of the western blot.
I am currently taking a natural cox-2 inhibitor which I think is working well on joint pain.
Any natural remedies you use to increase energy and decrease the lethargy and fatigue?
I welcome any thoughts or ideas;) !

Jeez Nancy....again?! I have no answers but hope someone will come up with something. We rarely have an issue with tics. I've pulled one of off each of my dogs....ever.

Oh Nancy, I'm sorry to hear you have it again. I wish I knew something, but I have never even seen a tick before. I'm sure someone has ideas to share though.

Back