• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

White Specks?

Holly

I noticed today when Bentley pooped it had small white specks in it. Tonight, he had very loose poops and I again noticed the small white specks. I will call the vet in the morning, but could it be worms? I have emailed the breeder to see if he was de-wormed and am waiting to hear back. He has also been scooting his butt, which Oliver does, even right after having his glands emptied. I know that this can also be an indicator of worms. Bentley is 13 weeks old.

I'd assume worms, I'd just call the breeder, see what she says then the vet and ask for a wormer. Unless you take the poo to the vet, he's only going to assume worms too I think.

On second thoughts, if a dog has worms and is given a wormer, maybe this is what it looks like.

I'd be suspecting worms & worm eggs. Some foods can come through white, e.g. raw meaty bones with can the poos white, also some white fruit & veg can pass through largely undigested, especially in they are served raw.

Still, I am going with the worms.

Back