PDA

View Full Version : Dylan's caught my cough.

*Pauline*
3rd August 2007, 03:22 PM
Ok, Well I've been ill for a while and I'm all bunged up, have been for weeks. Dylan has started sneezing now and choking on his mucus which really frightens him so I took him to the vet today. I asked if Dylan could catch something from me. He said yes then went into all the science and a few examples. I think he said he could have caught a bacteria from me but was very unlikely to catch a virus. He named a couple but said in the UK it has never been reported. So I'm assuming what I have is not a virus and I might have given it to Dylan. I have to stop kissing him! I should have asked him about glue ear as he has an ear infection last week.

He gave him an antibiotic shot and I have a weeks worth of Doxycycline which I assume are antibiotic too. Poor fella.

coconut
3rd August 2007, 03:26 PM
pauline i feel for the both of u being sick, really hate it when i am unwell and i have being a good bit this yr! i hope ye both have a speedy recovery! :flwr:

*Pauline*
3rd August 2007, 03:30 PM
Thank you. I hope you improve too, it's very wearing isn't it when things go on and on. Because of my very poor energy this year, I've been eating more and put on lots of weight. :(

I wasn't sure if I should post that Dylan caught this off me as I'm not too sure what I have is a bacteria but it is a possibility.

arasara
3rd August 2007, 03:43 PM
oh pauline i am so sorry :( I hope you and dylan start to feel better soon. :( I think it's a good excuse for you guys to have endless hours of cuddling though ;) ;)

*Pauline*
3rd August 2007, 03:47 PM
oh pauline i am so sorry :( I hope you and dylan start to feel better soon. :( I think it's a good excuse for you guys to have endless hours of cuddling though ;) ;)

Believe it or not, Dylan isn't a cuddler, he loves being made a fuss of but when it comes to lying down for a rest or sleep, he usually gets off to be on his own!

Since he choked a few times though, he runs straight to mummy :lotsaluv:

:thnx: How are Kosmo's knees?

Chelle & Rex
3rd August 2007, 04:17 PM
Hope your both feeling better soon :flwr:

arasara
3rd August 2007, 05:05 PM
Kosmo's knees are doing alright. He's up to 5 minute walks now although he still walks like a granny :lol:

His stitches come out next Tuesday. I've successfully weaned him off of all pain killers and anti-inflammatories.. :w**h**: He's also back to cocking his leg so they must be feeling better :roll:

Thanks for asking :)

Faith isn't a cuddler either :(

Yvonne117
3rd August 2007, 05:23 PM
When I first had Alfie he had a cough and he would choke on his own mucas which really scared him its so horrible to watch. Hope you both feel better soon.

*Pauline*
3rd August 2007, 06:26 PM
Faith isn't a cuddler either :(

They have other ways of showing they love you though don't they. I only have to put my hand under Dylan's chin and he rests his head in it. :luv: :luv: :luv:

Holly
3rd August 2007, 09:21 PM
Pauline, hope you and Dylan are soon feeling better! No fun to be sick!!

Oliver is a complete cuddler, but I am finding that Bentley's personality is very different! He has more of an independent attitude! So cute!!

Cathryn
3rd August 2007, 09:44 PM
Hi Pauline!!

I am so sorry to hear that both you and Dylan aren't feeling so good right now!! :xfngr: For a speedy recovery, big kiss and a very gentle :hug: for dylan and a big :hug: for you too! Feel free to get in touch if you need a natter??

Holly
3rd August 2007, 09:47 PM
Cathryn, what's a natter? I always learn new words here.... :)

Cathryn
3rd August 2007, 09:52 PM
Cathryn, what's a natter? I always learn new words here.... :)

Hi Holly!!

A "natter" is another word for a chat! :rotfl: Or as a certain ex-pat friend of mine in Holland would say "Give me a Bell" :lol:

Have to agree, I am always finding out new expressions etc, took me ages to work out what ROTFLMAO meant! :lol:

Holly
3rd August 2007, 09:58 PM
I figured as much! Now I can ad another expression to my vocabulary! :)

Cathryn
3rd August 2007, 10:08 PM
I figured as much! Now I can ad another expression to my vocabulary! :)

:D See? I have my uses, not that many granted, but every now and again I get my chance to shine!! :lol:

sallymum
3rd August 2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Holly!!

Have to agree, I am always finding out new expressions etc, took me ages to work out what ROTFLMAO meant! :lol:

What does it mean.

Rj Mac
3rd August 2007, 10:34 PM
What does it mean.

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off.

I think icon_nwunsure

Hope you and Dylan are feeling better Pauline :flwr:

All our 3 are serious cuddlers :luv:

*Pauline*
3rd August 2007, 10:44 PM
Well I spoke too soon, he jumped on my lap for a cuddle tonight :D :D :D He does want his Mummy when he doesn't feel well.

Rj Mac
3rd August 2007, 10:46 PM
Well I spoke too soon, he jumped on my lap for a cuddle tonight :D :D :D He does want his Mummy when he doesn't feel well.

Awwww.....all little boys want their mums....when their not well:D :D

Cathryn
3rd August 2007, 11:31 PM
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off.

I think icon_nwunsure

Yep! That's right!!

Awwww.....all little boys want their mums....when their not well:D :D

And again, Yep! that's right!! :lol:

Holly
3rd August 2007, 11:46 PM
Big girls want their moms, too!! Im 31 and called my mom in tears two weeks ago when I was sick! Pretty sad, isn't it?? Especially considering she is in Boston and Im in Atlanta!! :)

We should start a new thread with different terms and expressions used in all the different parts of the world we all live in!

But, Pauline, really--- I hope you and your baby are better soon!

*Pauline*
4th August 2007, 12:30 PM
Dylan choked a couple of times today but not too bad this time. I'm still throwing up at night, very tired. But you know me, I've been digging the garden for a few hours this morning! Well someone has to do it. :rolleyes:

merlinsmum
4th August 2007, 01:31 PM
Hope you both feel better soon:xfngr:

It is possible to pass bacteria between dogs and humans and vice versa. The other month when Merls and Oaks had tummy upsets I also had one. The vet said that I probably caught it and passed it to Merls and then Merls passed it to Oaks. I supposed it can't be helped especially when you get the "coming home snog fest"

*Pauline*
4th August 2007, 02:48 PM
I didn't think I could pass anything on so I had still been kissing Dylan. :o