• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

You know you love your dog when ...

elaine181000

I thought it'd be fun to put one of those lists together - with everyone adding in their own reasons?

I'll start ...

I know I love my dog because ...

1. When I see dog hair on my clothes (all over my clothes) I brush it off with fake irritation ... secretly I'm proud that my dog loves me enough to lie all over my clothes even when I'm not wearing them

2. When I get a huge vet bill I laugh hysterically but don't care (although I bet the insurance company aren't laughing)

3. Rules? What rules? The only ones that exist are the ones she's laid down for us, not the other way around

4. When I see puppies I'm envious, the last 10 years of my life have been enriched beyond belief and I'd love to have the chance to live them all over again

5. I see other dogs and think they're wonderful ... but secretly I know that my dog is the best in the world, hands (or paws) down

6. We changed our lives and routine to accommodate her medication routine and health issues etc .. if it was for another human I'd be grudging it, but for her, no sacrifice is too great, and we never give it a second thought

7. There is nothing, nothing, in this world that can't be made better by hugging my dog

8. When she "lets one go" we all groan and moan but have to stifle giggles - when the man of the house does the same thing, no-one's laughing

9. She can do a funny thing hundreds of times and it's still funny but watch my bored expression on hearing a joke more than twice

10. One of my rabbits follows her around and we think she thinks she's like the dog ... and the dog is oblivious

Who's next?

11 -To come home and get a greeting has if I been gone years
12 -To hear them snoreing at night and think how lucky I am and hope to hear it for a long time to come
13 To feel lost without them here
-----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Fun thread! ;)

15. Your dogs have a more extensive toy collection than the neighbor's children icon_blshing

16. You have a dog crate taking up your much needed kitchen space

17. Your dogs have their own car seat

18. You would give up your next years vacation to put them through surgery if they needed it

19. You get extremely annoyed at anybody who brings their muddy feet to the hardwood floors, but when the dogs run all over with theirs, it's cute!

20. You find yourself making extra dinner "just so the dogs can have some."

21. You let them in the bathroom while doing your business. If it were anybody else, you wouldn't be so inviting!

22. You wake up with a smile on your face when you discover they've stolen your pillow throughout the night.

23. You actually find a way to take them with you on an 8 hour plane ride to another country just so they can meet your family.

I know I love my dog because....

24. ...although I love my sleep, I wake up extra early to take him to daycare in the mornings (and get home late because I have to pick him up).
25. ...I talk to him constantly, even when other people are around and they're giving me weird looks.
26. ...he eats better than I do.
27. ...he made my heart grow bigger than I ever knew it could.
28. ...he brings joy to the world by making people smile when we're out in public.
29. ...I'm positive he adores me as much as I adore him.
30. ...when I leave the house, he cries. When his dad leaves the house, he acts like nothing happened. ;)

And finally...I know I love my dog because I go on Cavalier Talk ten million times a day!

I know I love my dogs because

31. The pictures in my photo album are no longer of the kids.
32. I dont find it a problem picking up dog poo!
33. When the kids want to share the sofa I moan when the dogs want to I squash up one end so they can both fit on.
34. I walk miles in the rain wearing a silly hat cos they sit at the front door and look at me longingly.
35. Buy the extra large chicken on Sunday so there will be some left over.

36. There are more pictures of the dogs on the fireplace mantle than children and grandchildren.

37. You feel proud when you hear the "aawws" and "oooh so cuties" when you are walking.
38. You look at your dog and read their minds (cuddle, food, walk...)
39. You cry at the thought of your dog one day leaving for dog heaven.:cry*ing:
40. You smile at the very thought of your dog!:D

41.He sneezes snot on your face and you can laugh about it. :yuk: :rotfl:

Last edited:
These reasons are brilliant (and I bet I'm not the only one who is nodding and smiling at every one!!).

I've got another one ...

I love my dog because she's so tolerant ... when my sister-in-law introduced her new kitten to the family the other dogs were put outside but Lucy was the only one who got to stay because "Lucy won't touch her" :)

And of course she didn't :D

When u find ur self getting the vac out 2-3 times aday. Wheres before it was a struggle to get it out once a week.:D

+

When you don't mind paying money out on registration forms to give her off spring a good start and begrudge anyone who says different. (My husband is huffing with me as i've paid money out for a kennel name, he dosn't realise there's more forms to come). Oops!

I lknow I love my dogs because:
They can embarass you in public and you don't care
They have the best puppia wardrobe in town
I would rather stay in snuggle on the sofa with them than go out on the town
and you don't mind the snoring in your ear at night:paw:

(P.S Pauline - you are so right about the sneezing!)

" When the kids want to share the sofa I moan when the dogs want to I squash up one end so they can both fit on."

I had to laugh ... we have two sofas, both 2 seaters. Hubby and I squash up on one, while Lucy sprawls out in comfort on the other. In the 6 years since we moved in here, it's never occured to us that perhaps we could move her. :lol:

...when you have some of your best conversations with your dog.
...You say Hello to the dog BEFORE any other family member.
...you spend 10 times as much on a bottle of dog shampoo than you would ever consider spending on some for yourself.
...you choose your new carpet with careful consideration to how many dog hairs would show up on it.
...they have their own Birthday Parties and have more friends attend than any of your kids do!
...you carefully stitch a cross-stitch sampler that says "Dog Hair is considered a Condiment in this house!"
...you happily sit on the floor to watch TV so your dog can lie on the sofa.

You know you love your dog

when you find yourself hanging on the edge of the bed so that the dogs can stretch out and be comfortable.
when you would spend your last $20.00 buying them the best dog food for them.
when you get up in the middle of the night to help the little runt nurse by herself as her litter mates sleep

You spend a fortune getting that "special cavalier puppy" when you need a million more practical things....

Back