• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hey Guys...Please be careful of your inbox on personal Email

Maxwell&me

Ive recived several Emails tonight that have been sent as virus Emails to my private Email account. Some of them were updates from this board

Below is what it grabbed and what it said cut and pasted....:

CoreComm SmartGuard has quarantined an email that contained
a virus.

Details
-------
Subject: "Is Everyone in Minneapolis O.K.?" update
To: [email protected]
Date: Fri Aug 3 19:30:06 2007
Virus:

This message is stored in your VIRUS folder.

You can access your VIRUS folder through CoreComm Webmail at:
https

You might want to just check on the board, rather than to click a link....and this may just be me~ Who knows...but I dont want anyone to get a nasty bug.....Ive sent Karlin a massage and Im sure with her background she'll be able to sort it much faster than I can but I love ya all and dont want anyone to get a nasty surprise.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where this is coming from but it would be my hosting service's servers, not the board itself, at issue as that's how the mails are routed.

For the time being I've turned off the email features which include the automatic update notifications. Pms still work fine.

I leave for Korea on Saturday and am unlikely to get the chance to sort this til I am back in a week though I will put a query into the hosting service (this is a professional business class hosting service though so if there's a general problem I'd expect them to be on top of it very quickly and if so I will turn on the notifications again).

If you know how to view the full headers and can paste them into a PM and send them to me, that would be very useful. In Outlook I think it is just one of the View options or Message options when you are looking at the message. You can also forward the whole email to me -- this is almost certainly a Windows virus and I am on Macs so it isn't going to be able to do anything.

Karlin

I think its just me, I called my service and they are having problems and everything is being kicked into the virus folder~ Im so sorry everyone....Karlin, could you remove this untill we know....But I really think its on my host end. Ugghhh, I had my computer crash once from a husbands office member and now Im ULTRA paranoid of everything!

Sounds like it is at your server end. Thanks for that and I've turned notifications back on; if anyone else gets a virus notice let me know. (y)

Yeah~ Im still waiting for my "summery file" to reload on my Email....and Im feeling a little like Chicken Little....."the SKY IS FALLING! "

Sorry if I alarmed anyone, Im sure its on my end now~ Karlin is on top of everything as always.....( gosh, some days I wish I had her brain.....;) )

Back