• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Food at 9 months old

cavalicious

Hi everyone
icon_smile.gif

Sorry I haven't been around much, been busy as always.

I've been wondering lately, if I'm giving Ollie the right amount of food. He is 9 months old, also is still eating puppy dry food.

Breakfast: around 1/4 cup of dry food with a bit more then a tablespoon of a mix we made for him, beef, vegetables, eggs, fish.

Dinner: one chicken neck

He gets one biscuit in the mornings but it's nothing big. Also maybe a few snacks during the day, other family members have a hard time saying no!

Does this sound ok? His brother is about 1kg heavier then him but Ollie defiantely doesn't look fat.

Weight: 5.9kg (13 pounds)
Height at shoulders: around 30cm (12 inches) but he kept moving around!

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear your opinions!

Emily

Well, I am with you. I don't know exactly how much I should be feeding, but I am going by what my breeder recommended. Dixie, almost 5 months old, eats 1/2 cup kibble in the morning and 1/2 cup kibble at night. I do mix some wet food with it as well. She weighs about 9 lbs. and is about 10 inches at her shoulder. She is very active and her coat is beautiful, so I think she is probably getting what she needs. I too would like to hear what other more knowledgeable people say....

I think as long as he isn't thin or overweight than you are feeding him an amount that works well for his system. At just over 8 months I'm feeding Zoey 1/4 cup kibble, and 3tbs of home cooked mush morning, and evening. She may also get a couple cookies during the day. Zoey weighs in at 14lbs and also looks great. You can easily feel her ribs, and she has a clearly defined waist. Shes also a very active girl.

Back