• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Gone Pain

Cathy T

Has anyone used DGP (Dog Gone Pain)? Jake has, again, done something to himself where he is limping. He did it a few weeks back and the vet visit resulted in antiflams and pain meds. She couldn't find anything specifically wrong. Both times it's been after playing ball. He turns ball playing into much more than it really is....he makes it a complete circus act! I'm sure that's how he's hurt himself.

Anyway...I had some samples of DGP (had read about it in Whole Dog Journal) and gave him one tonight. I really don't want to put him back on antiflams and pain meds (he freaked out on the tramadol...made him really wiry). I did start both of them on glucosamine/chondroitin a few weeks back.

Poor Jake! I haven't heard of DGP. Are you noticing improvement with it?

India has done something to herself while running and playing with Geordie a few times, and I find she improves when I prevent her from jumping on and off the furniture for a few days to a week.

Jake is a Drama King with a capital D and a capital K!! Later in the evening he was completely fine and is still fine today. If Jake stubs his toe he'll hobble around like he's broken his leg.....until he wants a treat and jumps up on the couch :)

Back