PDA

View Full Version : Plaice or Place?

merlinsmum
5th August 2007, 06:19 PM
My boys had plaice tonight with their tea - just cooked it in a bit of milk and they loved it!

Is plaice healthy?

Caraline
6th August 2007, 10:52 AM
What is plaice ? :confused:

loveisokay
6th August 2007, 11:03 AM
It's a fish.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/Pleuronectes_platessa.jpg/796px-Pleuronectes_platessa.jpg

lb0024
7th August 2007, 10:02 PM
Looks like flounder to me. Is that the same thing?

By the way, you serve your dogs tea!? Must be an English thing!? Or does anyone in the U.S. do that too!? :D

-laura

loveisokay
7th August 2007, 10:10 PM
It's a type of flatfish, along with the flounder!

As for tea, it's a term a lot of northern people in England use for their evening meal. ;)

Cathryn
7th August 2007, 10:35 PM
As for tea, it's a term a lot of northern people in England use for their evening meal. ;)

And in the Midlands too!
And to answer the question, yes white fish is very healthy for dogs!:d*g: :thmbsup:

Holly
7th August 2007, 11:03 PM
Laura, that made me chuckle when you asked if they served their dog tea! I was actually thinking the same thing! :) Too cute!

*Pauline*
8th August 2007, 11:53 AM

It's also used in the south and the west!!

merlinsmum
8th August 2007, 01:03 PM
They do like a cup of tea too! Especially after a walk in the rain to warm their tummies:D

Cathryn
8th August 2007, 01:19 PM
We have to keep the mugs off the floor here to stop the dogs helping themselves to our tea too come to think of it! :rotfl:

Rj Mac
8th August 2007, 02:03 PM
We have to keep the mugs off the floor here to stop the dogs helping themselves to our tea too come to think of it! :rotfl:

Same here :D