• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Northern CKCS Club Champ Show

Cathryn

Hi All!!

Many Thanks for your good luck messages, very much appreciated indeed!

Well we turned up and we did our bit, it was to say the very least stiflingly HOT!! Even at just after 10 a.m it was very hot and Darcy wilted in the heat along with many others! Basically we were in a class of 18, he gave a good account of himself, stood like the rock of Gibralter on the table, but I felt was "flat" on the move (due to the heat) but on the whole he really enjoyed himself and that is really important! In the UK we have massive classes that in the U.S would represent the entry for an entire show!! So we did our "Guest Appearance" and that was it, I am happy with the way he showed today, he is a baby (albeit a big one at that :lol:) and has much time ahead of him, I want for him to enjoy showing first and foremost, he is only 6 and a half months old, he has time on his side!
Showing in the UK is VERY different to the U.S, talking to Bruce recently he could not believe the size of classes we have here!

I also got the chance to meet up with the father of Crystal's litter and the chance to whisper "Thank You" in his ear, I also met up with several old friends, I haven't shown since early 2004 by the way. It was especially nice to meet up with Barbara Nixon, albeit briefly!

Principle Winners were:-

Dog CC, Best of Breed and Best in Show, the very beautiful CH: Keyingham Branwell. Reserve CC CH: Beauella Radzinski

Bitch CC, Reserve Best in Show and Best Opposite Sex Ir CH: Chantismere Cha Cha, Reserve CC Ricksbury Royal Empress

Best Bitch Puppy was the totally beautiful little Clentview Paris and the best puppy dog was Ricksbury Royal Tradition who went on to be Best Puppy in Show. Best Veteran was the totally beautiful Ch: Timsar Miss Chief who has won so very well in both the UK AND the U.S and is now back home with her breeder. Best Veteran Dog was the ruby boy Harana Sinatra.

Sounds like you and Darcy had a great day despite the heat. He is so young yet and I bet it was a great experience for him to be out and about with the show sounds. Good luck with future shows.

Sounds like you had an all around good day though. Good experience and a nice way to get your toe back in the water.

That IS a huge class! They have large groups in Ireland as well but I haven;t seen quite that many. I am glad you enjoyed the day and sounds a wonderful chance for Darcy to get a taste for what lies ahead. :)

Just to give you an idea, there was some 334 dogs entered at this show, biggest class of the day was Limit Dog with 26 entries!!
A few years back at another Club show I attented in Minor Puppy Bitch which is for bitches aged 6-9 Months, there was 70, yes you read that right 70 entries! :yikes:

You will always have some absentee's of course, in fact Ch.Wandris Entertainer was entered but absent yesterday but that is how many dogs were entered for yesterday's shows. Popular judges attract big entries and the dog judge was Frank Kane who is well known for his part in the Crufts Commentry team for the BBC, very professional he was too!

Great Day!!

Hot isn't the word :yikes

Had a great day, Ollie my pup was unplaced but has qualified for Crufts so wasn't too bothered. Taffy got a Reserve in the colour class, also already qualified for Crufts having his stud book number :)
Met up with Barbara who kindly gave donated some stuff to the local rescue I help out at, huge thankyou from HOPE Barbara :hug:

Finally got home around 10.30pm after stopping off on the way home for some dinner and collapsed into bed, it was a long and very hot day but a good one :D

Glad you enjoyed your day out Cathryn and that Darcy enjoyed himself too...as you say, plenty of time yet, he's only a baby.

Rach, great that you had a good day - I'm sure you both enjoyed catching up wiht old friends too.

Hi All!!

Would have loved to have had a chat with you too Rach, but don't think we have actually met before? Well done on your reserve anyway and sounds like you have been busy for a while in the ring, congrats on qualifying your pup previously and also on your other dogs stud book number too, never easy to win one of those so very well done there!

Anyway I nipped over to Cavaliers.co.uk to see if they had posted the results up and they were'nt there, the pics were however!! I was horrified to spot this totally unflattering one of myself with Darcy being "gone over" by Frank Kane! :yikes: mental note to self, "Must suck tummy in more!" :lol: It was BAKING hot in that ring and it was only about 10 in the morning in this pic!! So here you are, me and my boy Darcy, not that you can see much of him!!

CathrynandDarcyNCKCSChSh.jpg

I think we have once Cathryn at our CH Show - South and West Wales in 2004 ? Taffy was 5 months so I wasn't even showing then :)
Yes, Taffy has done very well, we are thrilled. Ollie our first home bred pup qualified at WELKS at just 6 months and 8 days, still can't quite believe it :D
He is still very much a baby and looked tiny now he's in the puppy class, he won't mature until he's around 18 months/2 years if Taffys anything to go by :rolleyes:
Are you doing the WKC, if so will look out for you

Hi Rach!!

I think we did meet at that show but the old memories not so good these days and I have always been AWFUL with putting names to faces! :lol: Yes I am entered at WKC so will look out for you there, have you had your passes yet BTW? Have had mine for Bournemouth but not for WKC yet.

Well done with Ollie, always nice when you qualify one you bred yourself isn't it? I seem to have this record of missing by one place with them in Minor Puppy or getting "thrown out" :lol: I was luckier with Logan though as he won his stud book number first try in limit, I never entered in that class again! :lol: Darcy, as you probably saw has done all his growing early, at 6 and a half months he wouldn't look out of place in the puppy class, but he has that typical loose front movement of a younger puppy, that will tighten up with time!! :xfngr:

Good Luck to you with future shows and look out for me, you know what I look like now, that is an awful pic, I am leaning back and look 5 months pregnant :yikes: I am going to have to have words with Steve about that I think!! :blabla: :lol:

Back