• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Name statistics?

ourempire

Is there any statistics about the names of the dogs in here? I have seen two Molly's besides my own, and then there is Harvey, Buddy, Ruby and all the other wonderful names. Does anyone (Karlin? ;) ) know what the most popular names are?
In Denmark the Danish statistics register almost anything, and every once in a while the most popular - or rare - pet names are published (for the ear-marked and vet registered pets). Actually, my late cat Gorbatjov (the Danish name for the former Soviet president) was the most rare cat name, there was one (mine!). And funnily enough, Molly is the most popular dog name.
Is there any way of making a poll or survey among the members in here?

I had a Molly... she was an English Springer Spaniel, and she was just the best dog!

We also had Mona, a Bassett Hound, and the name fit her to the "T".

Now, we have
Ozzy, Golden Ret
Maggie, English Springer
Bentley, tri Cav
Clancy, ruby Cav

Cat names I have used: Tilly, Fergie, Timo, Lola, Susu.

Dog names I have used: Spike, Theo, Paddy & Aoife.

I have had a Harvey in the past. Current are Bailey who is Blen and LouLou (Short for Louise as in Thelma and Louise - don't laugh) who is Ruby and now Ginger (Foster) who is Blen also.

My mum is great for having different names for her dogs

Pueblo, Magnus, Barnie, and now Delta!

She falls down with her cats however
Big (cos she was bigger than the other cat), Baby (cos she was the baby!!)

Mine are Molly & Maxwell.....VERY common names I realized AFTER naming them!!!!

I've seen repaeats of Monty and Teddy, but no other males called Izzy. I thought I had the only Joly, but met a lady at a rescue show, who also had a Joly and he too was named after Jolyon in the Forsythe Saga.

cats we used to own were called Sweetpea, Sooty and Toots

dogs were used to have were Rocky, Rebel, Sherry, and Candy....all have saddly passed on

and our current doggies are Jake the Lab, and Lucy and Megan the cavaliers

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the most common pet names in the United States are Max and Daisy. Since I know a bunch of each, I agree!

Current dogs' names: Maggie (cav) and Bear (Brittany)
Past dogs' names: Prince, Silver, Tipi, Sam and Molly
Past cats' names: Fric and Frac (siamese brothers) and Sophie

I've always wanted to choose something original, but my suggestions have always gotten the kybosh from other members of the household.

One of the most original set of names I've heard of were chosen by a neighbour who named his three Labradors: Bacardi, Coke and Lime....LOL

Back