• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Magazines

Jen

I subscribe to Whole Dog Journal, but am looking for different dog magazines. Any recommendations??

OK! You might want to try the official magazine from the CKCSC? The Royal Dispatch Magazine, dedicated entirely to Cavaliers, you can find out more/and subscribe at www.ackcsc.org

Hi!

They will send the Royal Dispatch to the UK have a look on the site, you have to pay a subsidy but you can get it over here too! I always have the good old show newspaper "Dog World" by subscription, the other dog paper is "Our Dogs" also available on subscrition, they are aimed at show folks though. Not sure about magazines, I think there is one aimed at Toy Breeds, might be worth Googling this I think!

We enjoy Bark magazine too! It's probably the only magazine we get that gets read from cover to cover! My hubby especially enjoys reading it.

It's funny that you guys mention The Bark... a friend bought one for me when I first got Molly (4 months ago) and I have yet to read it... because she likes to CHEW on anything I'm holding in my hands made of paper!

-laura

If you can get to a large bookstore- Borders or Barnes and Noble-- look through the dog magazines there to see the "type" you are interested in. Many magazines come with a subscription card inside. The only two I really like and haven't seen in the bookstore are whole dog journal and royal spaniels. Sandy

We quite often get 2 magazines called Your Dog, and Dogs Today, think they're only available in the UK tho, but they're both a good read.....nothing too heavy :D

My favorite dog magazine is the Bark! It is the 'New Yorker' of dog magazines!:) My hubby renews my subscription every Valentine's day.:luv:

That's adorable! Your comparison to the New Yorker sold me--I love my subscription to that magazine! I'll give Bark a try now, too!

I have to jump on the bandwagon and say I love The Bark too! It's probably my favorite dog magazine. Of course, Dog Fancy is a good mag but unfortunately half of it is devoted to breeder listings.

Back