• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Clumps of hair!

Thelly

I sat down to give Bailey a good comb through yesterday and the hair at his lower back just before his tail is coming out in clumps. It is not like this anywhere else on him.

Is it the season or maybe after the stress of the accident? I don't see any skin infection on the surface.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this before?

Hi!

It could be any number of things really, either stress from the accident as you say down to him just merely moulting out his coat in the nice sunny weather we are currently enjoying!! Logan is currently moulting over his hip joints and nowhere else too!!

Thanks Cathryn.

Now you say it, he is sitting out in the sun with his nose in the air!

I was afraid to comb too much in case in ended up bald! He is very vain.:D

I think certain parts of their body lose more hair than others - perhaps it's the body heat. I find the neck and bum area tend to lose more hair.

Chester has very thick hair around his shoulders and back neck area and right above his tail area. Those areas are the high-volume shedding zones and I tend to do most of my Furmination work in those areas. Sounds like Bailey is like Chester and just has lots of butt plummage!

Back