PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim foster waiting for new home in USA

sramirez
8th August 2007, 08:39 PM
Just a reminder - i still have my wonderful energetic and playful little blenheim foster boy, Charlie in the Midwest (NEbraska) USA.

He is looking for a new home and family who can give him all energy he so deserves. He would be happy to try obedience & agility training. Might slow his "bunny & squirrel" obsessions down a bit. He is willing to relocate providing he has a fenced yard and a "big" adult bed to sleep in. He would also love another dog (or 2 or 3) to play with and he does seem to like kitties. No known health issues and he is neutered. He is 1 1/2 years old.

Charlie can be seen on Cavalier Rescue USA under the Midwestern Region. Or just drop me a PM is anyone is wanting more facts. Please consider adopting a really great little guy (OK, he is pretty lanky and leggy) who has a look (esp. when he's in a wee bit of trouble) that can absolutely MELT your heart!!

Sheri
foster mom to 1, real mom to 2 fur babies and one human kid!

GudrunTheRed
8th August 2007, 08:54 PM
He looks sooo sweet! I wish I lived closer to you. I've actually been looking at Rupert in Dahlgren, VA and I hope to hear back from the local rep very soon!

Have you posted about Charlie on the Cav Connection forum?

sramirez
9th August 2007, 02:42 PM
Yea, Charlie has been cross-posted. I've seen Rupert's bio & pictures too and thought he was a doll!!

Sheri

Rj Mac
11th August 2007, 03:02 PM
:xfngr: He finds his forever home soon

Cathryn
11th August 2007, 03:04 PM
Oh Bless! I hope he finds a forever home very soon, he sure sounds like a wonderful boy! :lotsaluv: :xfngr:

pinkpuppy
11th August 2007, 07:50 PM
Wish requirements for rescues weren't so strict regarding the distance. Unfortunately or they did say it was good that there weren't any Cavalier rescues in my area. I know I not going to submit another application just to be rejected because I'm 4 to 8 hours away.

Karlin
12th August 2007, 10:09 AM
I must say a 4-8 hour distance seems so minor if it means a great home for a dog...the roads network isn't great in Ireland and even homing over to Galway means about 4 hours from here! I couldn't possibly operate under such restrictions myself. But here's the bigger picture...:

The reason such rules are in place is that it is hard to provide any back-up if a dog doesn't work out. From experience I can tell you that sometimes homes (or fosters!) want or need a dog to be gone *immediately*, sometimes for very legit reasons, sometimes for reasons very furstrating to the rescue! If that person is 4 hours plus away, that is going to be difficult and horrible inconvenient -- as it is difficult enough if they are even 30 minutes away! I have had a nearby foster threaten to take a dog to the pound once -- she'd locked him in a coal shed because he was doing some minor food guarding -- which we'd clearly told her and told her not to let her toddler wander near him when he was being fed -- and Tara had to go retrieve him as I had just left the country for work (these things (*always* seem to happen when I am gone and poor Tara ends up dealing with the crises :flwr:). I hasten to add the foster was referred to us by another rescue and wasn't one of 'ours' so to speak and we had plenty to say about her to the referring rescue. :swear: -- it was shokcing anyone trying to 'jhelp' would bring a foster to the pound where as a surrender, it could be killed immediately! :shock: But this example perhaps gives some insight into why rescues are generally picky on who they home to and how far away they are, and similarly regarding fosters. I just cannot foster dogs to say the UK except in the most special of circusmtances and only when I know there's a network nearby to provide backup -- I get some very kind offers of homes and fostering from the UK but this is why I and most other rescues in Ireland only will work through a sister rescue.

Karlin
12th August 2007, 10:09 AM
I must say a 4-8 hour distance seems so minor if it means a great home for a dog...the roads network isn't great in Ireland and even homing over to Galway means about 4 hours from here! I couldn't possibly operate under such restrictions myself. But here's the bigger picture...:

The reason such rules are in place is that it is hard to provide any back-up if a dog doesn't work out. From experience I can tell you that sometimes homes (or fosters!) want or need a dog to be gone *immediately*, sometimes for very legit reasons, sometimes for reasons very furstrating to the rescue! If that person is 4 hours plus away, that is going to be difficult and horrible inconvenient -- as it is difficult enough if they are even 30 minutes away! I have had a nearby foster threaten to take a dog to the pound once -- she'd locked him in a coal shed because he was doing some minor food guarding -- which we'd clearly told her and told her not to let her toddler wander near him when he was being fed -- and Tara had to go retrieve him as I had just left the country for work (these things (*always* seem to happen when I am gone and poor Tara ends up dealing with the crises :flwr:). I hasten to add the foster was referred to us by another rescue and wasn't one of 'ours' so to speak and we had plenty to say about her to the referring rescue. :swear: -- it was shocking to me that anyone trying to 'help' would bring a foster to the pound where as a surrender, it could be killed immediately! :shock: But this example perhaps gives some insight into why rescues are generally picky on who they home to and how far away they are, and similarly regarding fosters. I just cannot foster/home dogs to say, the UK, where there's not just driving but ferry distance to cover and at least a day's journey -- except in the most special of circumstances and only when I know there's a network nearby to provide backup -- I get some very kind offers of homes and fostering from the UK but this is why I and most other rescues in Ireland only will work through a sister rescue.

Not much help to those who wish to adopt a dog from a distance.... but maybe it would be worth seeing if a closer club could provide backup if someone wanted to adopt a dog at a distance? I am very happy to work wth other rescues in this way.

pinkpuppy
12th August 2007, 07:44 PM
I am within the North East states recommended rehome area. However the rescue dogs are mainly in the lower New England states. *sigh*