• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need info/opinions on Health Insurance for rescues in the US

GudrunTheRed

I need ya'lls help. I'm seriously considering adopting this adorable guy: http://www.cavalierrescueusa.org/html/dog_pages/Rupert_807_VA.html. I have talked to Charlotte Sims who is the Southern contact for Cavalier Rescue and she gave me some basic info on him but she told me talk to the foster Mommy for all the details. I did find out he is a pet store puppy and so his pedigree is dubious, but he is healthy and very well adjusted. I have no idea if the foster Mom has his medical records, but assuming she doesn't, how would I handle getting health insurance for him?

For those of you with rescues here in the US, what insurance do you have for them and do PetCare and/or PetPlan have special deals for rescues? How do they deal with the whole pre-exisiting condition issue? I have PetCare for Chester and I have emailed them asking for more info but I would love input from those of you who have had personal experiences with insurance for your rescues.

Thanks!

Back