• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A bit of advice please

kelkiss5

Hi everyone. I have been looking into getting a Caviler King Charles for a while now. They are a very beautiful dog, I just love them :winkct:. Now my question is, that I have 3 yorkies and am wondering if I did get one, would they all get along alright?. Am also wondering how much I should expect to pay for 1?. Im in Belfast and have found which looks like to me a very good breeder right here. Also do they shed much? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Yes they do shed a fair bit,i have just bought a pup for 600.00 euro.i didnt mind paying a little more just to know i have a good breeder who actually cares for the breed.i dont know what prices are up north.do your research make sure you get a good breeder its worth it.

Thanks. Yep the breeder seems very reputable. Has a lot of champions. great pics on her website. Not sure if im allowed to post the link here.

No sorry we don't allow links to breeders websites.

Please make sure you have read the sections on buying a puppy and preparing for a puppy, this will help you to check if the breeder is responsible. You need to make sure that they have carried out the appropriate health tests on the puppy and the parents.

Perhaps you could pm the web link to Karlin, the board owner, who lives in Ireland and may know the breeder?

Also be sure this breeder is registered with the northern club. The key questions to ask is if they cardiac clear (not vet-clear) their dogs for sound hearts and follow the MVD breeding protocol. Sadly mostt Irish breeders north and south do not and as half of cavaliers will have a heart murmur by age 5, it is very important for the best outlook for your puppy to find a breeder who does breed for healthy hearts.

There's a lot of info in the Library section on what to look for in a breeder and the key health issues to ask about. (y)

All of your questions have been pretty well covered by others, so I'll comment on your Yorkies & a Cavalier. I don't know anything about Yorkies but I can tell you that when we adopted Sonny & also got Beau as a puppy, we already had 2 Boxers and they all got along very well.

Just be sure to provide a place where your Yorkies can get away from the puppy, as a puppy can get very annoying to an older dog with their persistence. If you crate train your puppy & get an x-pen, it will make your life & that of your dogs all the more easier. :)

Back