PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else sing to their dogs?

jennifer
11th August 2007, 08:14 PM
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if you sing to your dogs when you hear a tune you like playing on the radio or whatever? I do, I have just done it with Marlon and after that he walked off. Do you think he is tring to tell me something. :lol: :lol: I know lots of people do and wondering if you did.:flwr: I think it is a great thing to do as you are socilising with them. Let me know if you do or not and then me and Marlon can tell you some songs that are good for it.;) ;) ;)

Cathryn
11th August 2007, 08:17 PM
I have been been known to sing Tina Turner's song "Simply the best" to my puppies when training them to stand four square on the table! :lol: They usually learn pretty quickly, most likely to get away from the awful noise I am making! :lol:

jennifer
11th August 2007, 08:22 PM
Awww, this is one song I will recomend. Don't stop me now!!:paw: :paw:

*Pauline*
11th August 2007, 11:11 PM
"You are my sunshine!" :wggle:

sallymum
11th August 2007, 11:26 PM
I dont sing to them but my son asked me today why do i talk to them as if they are babies.:-p

nlg679
12th August 2007, 12:40 AM
You Are My Sunshine......
Have sung it to both of them ......and I love how they react...cocking head back and forth as I sing to them;) ....I know-I gotta get a life!

george108
12th August 2007, 02:07 AM
Whenever I sing to George he just looks at me like I'm crazy!!!

PamH
12th August 2007, 02:15 AM
I sing to Maddy. Mostly lullabyes. Don't ask me why I think they will work, but I try.
PAM

jennifer
13th August 2007, 05:34 PM
Yerh, you are my sunshine is a good one to sing to them.:)

Justine
13th August 2007, 08:31 PM
Alfs doesnt mind the singing its the dancing that makes him mad,i do sing useing the old toilet roll and i howl threw it ,he really hates that.

Cathy T
14th August 2007, 12:26 AM
I sing "lay down Shelby, Shelby lay down, put your head down Shelby Sue" when I put her in her crate at night. She'll sit and look at me until I sing to her and then she lets out a big sigh and flops down on her purple bone pillow. I also sing "I love you, Shelby Sue, pretty pretty Shelby Sue, oh Shelby, my Shelby Sue" (sung to the tune of Peggy Sue). I don't sing to Jake but I like to dance with him. He doesn't like it as much :rolleyes:

sannie
14th August 2007, 01:50 AM
I don't sing (thank goodness everyone says)! But on the rare occasion I have been known to dance around my kitchen whilst listening to the radio and both dog will leap up from their resting place immediately and try to join in!

Cathy Moon
14th August 2007, 03:07 AM
:-) Whenever we play the song 'Sailing to Philadelphia' by Mark Knopfler, I pick Geordie up and dance and sing it to him! That's where we got his name 'Geordie Lad'!:D

jennifer
14th August 2007, 09:45 AM
Looks like lots of people sing or dance with dogs but in the night when they sometimes like to howl and bark they are singing. PAYBACK!! is what they are giving.:lol: :lol: :lol:

jennifer
15th August 2007, 09:55 AM
I forgot to mention that I sometimes make songs up about them. Do any of you do that??:rah: