PDA

View Full Version : getting a puppy

charly
12th August 2007, 11:07 PM
hey can anoyne help me with
phone numbers or address of breeders please looking to get another cav. for my lil man im in dublin i would be willing to rescue a young dog or pup anyone help please :o

Karlin
12th August 2007, 11:25 PM
Welcome. :)

I'm going to start by suggesting you please have a read through the Getting Started section of the board as this notes what is OK to post and what isn't. :thmbsup:

I don't allow people to post recommendations of breeders publicly to the board though people are welcome to send PMs privately if they have suggestions.

If you are looking for a puppy, you can get information on how to find a reputable, health focused breeder in Ireland on my rescue site, www.ckcsrescue.com.

As I mentioned in a reply to your other post earlier today, I do keep a waiting list of people looking for rescue dogs and I explained how to get on it -- but almost everyone wants a young dog (I never have puppies -- they simply do not come into rescue). Young dogs under two are rare as well, as my rescue site notes -- and as most people want younger dogs, the wait is longest for them. In a year I get perhaps two dogs under age 2, on average, just to give some context for what the wait is like. Please have a good read through my rescue site as that should help answer most of your questions and give you a better idea of how rescue works for cavaliers here. :)

charly
12th August 2007, 11:33 PM
:dogwlk: thanks for your reply. im only new to your site so im all over the place.i didnt relise i couldnt ask about breeders so sorry.0 i got my cav. last year and it turned into disaster he enede up been from a puppy farm i didnt cop on till i was in a car park in mullingar but what could i do these eyes looking at me. he was in a heap fleas and raw skin. so i whipped him up straight to vets he also had cancer on his paw. my hearet was broken but anyhoooo 8 weeks later i ahd him sorted and off walking yahhhoooo:rah: ....i reported the horrible man to garda and hes currently under investigation. i was talking to a lady called linda the other night and she told me about k.c.c rescue so here i am ...im charlys mammy hopefully to be a mom again soon :xfngr: