• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

good cardiology appointment today

Cathy Moon

Today I took Geordie and Chocolate to Ohio State University for their cardiology appointments. We left at 6:45 a.m. to get there at 9:00, and we arrived exactly on time.

The cardiologist had very good news for us - their heart murmurs are still very slight - grade 1 of 6, so there has been no change. They have no restrictions, and we've been told to return in 12-18 months for their next checkup. :)

That's great news! It must be such a relief when you get the report back and know they are fine now for another year. :)

That's really good news Cathy, you must be relieved :hug: How old are they?
Chocolate is 5.5 years old and Geordie is 4. Geordie was diagnosed just before he turned age 3 - he was being evaluated for the PSOM study at OSU when the murmur was discovered.

Both of them have a left basilar systolic murmur grade I and a mild systolic click, indicative of slight mitral valve prolapse.

By the way, our cardiologist recommends cavaliers under age 5 with a slight murmur should be evaluated every 18 months. When they reach age 5 they should be examined every 12 months.

Signs of decreased cardiac function to watch for are exercise intolerance, coughing, and respiratory difficulty. If any of these symptoms are noticed, they recommend bringing the dog in sooner.

The Senior Student we were assigned to told me they were both excellent patients! It sounds funny, but I actually felt proud of them! :)

Back