PDA

View Full Version : WHere to buy a snugglepup?

Cleo's Person
16th August 2007, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering where people bought snugglepups for the cavs? Are there special ones for dogs or do the ones for babies do? Cleo has a beanie Tigger toy we got her when she was small, but its a bit too small for her to truely cuddle it now. Any suggestions?

Barbara Nixon
16th August 2007, 02:23 PM
This site has them http://www.canisgrooming.co.uk/ but they are rather expensive. An older dog wouldn't nead a heater or heart beat ?

Why not get a large floppy child's toy, but make sure there are no plastic eyes or noses and no 'beans' inside?

A warning: Don't get one of those plush dogs/bears etc which are heated up in the microwave. Someone on Dogpages bought one at Crufts (of all places) and put it safely away in a cupboard. Her greyhound, who is not normally a cupboard raider, got the teddy out of the cupboard and bit it open. The swallowed wheat almost cost the dog's life and it was touch and go for quite a few days.

The real solution is another cavalier.

Cleo's Person
16th August 2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for that link Barbara. I'm working on the new cavalier, I too think it's the best plan. ;) Mark has agreed in principle that we can have another but as our current house is too small with need another of those as well. I have begun the house hunt!

I've just clicked the link - could they have a better advertising photo?!

I think you're right though a large floppy toy might be best. Cleo likes to lie around with her head raised and used to rest her chin on tigger, but now as she's bigger, when she flops on her side Tigger no longer (and hasn't for some time) accommodates her head, she gets very cross at him and barks and gives out generally. This is kind of cute during the day but annoying at night so I thought a bigger version might be in order!

Barbara Nixon
16th August 2007, 05:44 PM
Pets at Home have thick, squishy, fur fabric cat beds, in the shape of a pink snail (also ladybird, but that one has bulgy eyes; easily nibbled). At only £9.99 one of these could do the trick.

Cleo's Person
16th August 2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks Barbara! We don't have a Pet at Home in Cork, but I'll go to Maxi Zoo at the weekend and see have they anything like that. :)

shippers
22nd August 2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for that tip Barbara regarding the soft dog toys which are heated up in the microwave. Sally has one that she sleeps with every night which we bought in pets at home. We don't heat it up these days but the wheatgerm filling is still inside. I'll remove it tonight don't want any accidents.

coconut
23rd August 2007, 09:39 AM
I think this is the website i bought mine off!
http://www.snuggleme.com/

Cathryn
23rd August 2007, 11:44 AM
Aw they look so cute snuggled up to them don't they? :lotsaluv:

Still agree the best answer is another Cavalier though!! icon_whistling icon_whistling

casshon
23rd August 2007, 12:22 PM
They look great. I wish I had known about them when we lost Cassie and Honey was on her own. We got 2 new babies instead ;) :luv: