• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Holiday Trauma.

sins

As anticipated, Daisy's just gone on heat since Monday, and now we're due to leave for 2 weeks holidays in France.Of course she's staying with my parents in Tipp for the two weeks and I wasn't worried too much as their 11 year old 8 stone labrador was neutered.
The moment she arrived yesterday of course he went after her in hot pursuit and was very attentive. I actually thought poor boy would have a heart attack.
However now it seems that the vet actually may have botched the neutering and removed only one testicle and I'm panicking!!
What are the odds of a 3 ft tall, 8 stone lab and an 11 inch cavalier???
Things seem calmer today and he's ignoring her but they sleep in different rooms and are not let loose together and my vet won't spay until agter first heat.
AAAAARGH.
Sins

What are the odds of a 3 ft tall, 8 stone lab and an 11 inch cavalier???

:eek: If he is still in tact.... very, very likely! And as her season progresses, he will not be the only one doing the hot pursuing. The girls are real hussies when they are in season.

Last edited:
A male neuter is pretty simple so the chances wouldn't be high that this was missed unless he had an undescended testicle that was never removed. If you are unsure you should really keep them separated at all times. Your vet can tell you if a testile was missed BTW. Even if he is neutered, if he is still this reactive to a female in heat (and some neutered males are) I'd keep them separated anyway -- it sounds like he could be very aggressive with her and they can still tie, which could be very traumatic for her (and at minimum, inconvenient for you). Sounds like th situation is improving a bit but you sure have my sympathies -- it is so frustrating to have something like this happen just when you have other plans; things always go topsy turvy it seems right at holiday times for me too!

Back