PDA

View Full Version : SAFE: Another possible cav cross

Karlin
18th August 2007, 11:41 PM
They have this down as a tibetan or pom cross but those big eyes and general body shape look like a cav cross to me. If you are interested in this dog or can help, the rescuers for this pound should be contacted at the numbers given as I am not the point of contact for this dog. This is a young male, noted as very friendly.

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=54139

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x151/rosied77/IMAG0251.jpg

This dog will have five days to be reclaimed or homed, til it will be put down.

sallymum
19th August 2007, 12:47 AM
What alovely little boy.

Aileen
21st August 2007, 12:56 PM
Any news on this one
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Karlin
21st August 2007, 03:56 PM
News on the dog will be posted to its thread on Pets Ireland as the rescuers will update the thread.

Lisa_T
22nd August 2007, 12:53 AM
But Tibetan spaniels' heads are similar to the Cav's- big eyes, short noses, sweet faces. Although the head above the eyes is very cavish...

Karlin
22nd August 2007, 10:25 AM
Just to reteiterate -- I don't want the rescue forum to end up being a debate on the origin of mixed breed pound dogs I occasionally list as this can turn into a major distraction and isn't important to the dog right now; all pound dogs are ULTRA URGENT. :thmbsup: These are all animals that WILL DIE within hours or days if they are not given any options. Let's keep discussions to whether someone can offer help or a home please as breed origin is really not the issue except inasmuch as I try to include occasional dogs of possible cav mix origin because they are in extreme need and the general rescues badly need the support... and many people like cav mixes too! I don't mind such discussions on less urgent dogs (non at-risk rescues). :)

Just briefly though -- tibetans are very rare in Ireland. Cavaliers are one of the most common dogs in the country. The chance that this is a tibetan cross and not a cavalier cross is pretty remote.

His time is nearly up so anyone who is interested in ofering a home please contact the rescuers. He probably won't be alive past Friday though he does have one offer of help right now on the PI thread. These don't always work out though and no dog is safe til definitely out -- if you are interested contact the Dundalk pound rescuers please. :thmbsup:

Cathryn
22nd August 2007, 12:49 PM
Fingers crossed for this little chap, will watch the thread!!

cavalier4eva
22nd August 2007, 05:05 PM
Im keeping my fingers crossed for this cute little boy! :xfngr:

Karlin
22nd August 2007, 07:34 PM
Out in rescue. :thmbsup:

misty
22nd August 2007, 09:51 PM
yay :), excellent news!

Barbara Nixon
23rd August 2007, 12:05 PM
Good, so now there's the little jrt type.

Karlin
23rd August 2007, 12:17 PM
Yes, that one is safe with an owner who found her as a stray and needs to rehome, so isn't an urgent life or death case.

Cathryn
23rd August 2007, 01:55 PM
So glad to hear he is now safe for now, :xfngr: he finds a forever home now!! :lotsaluv: