PDA

View Full Version : This has me fuming

*Pauline*
19th August 2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f35F6LAnyY&NR=1

And I think that isn't a choke chain but the ones with hooks on the INSIDE that pinch.

Mycavyangels
19th August 2007, 09:23 PM
it sure does look nasty:( poor dog

*Pauline*
19th August 2007, 09:29 PM
And I can't leave a comment on the youtube :mad:

Mycavyangels
19th August 2007, 09:30 PM

Oh thats so annoying:mad:

Cathy T
19th August 2007, 10:43 PM
That was so irritating I couldn't keep watching. I'd like to put him on a leash and do that to him....see how he likes it!!

*Pauline*
19th August 2007, 10:49 PM
I think it's one of these collars :(

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1227/1174794112_9e32a98989_o.jpg

Mycavyangels
19th August 2007, 10:50 PM
I think it's one of these collars :(

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1227/1174794112_9e32a98989_o.jpg

OH MY GOSH! it looks so Harsh :( :(

*Pauline*
19th August 2007, 10:54 PM
I'd like to put one on the man and tug on it every few seconds like he did. The poor dog wasn't even doing anything wrong. How close a heel was he expecting. :swear:

WoodHaven
19th August 2007, 10:54 PM
That dog looks absolutely miserable. And confused- the guy keeps punishing the dog constantly.

Cathryn
19th August 2007, 11:06 PM
OMG!! That poor girl looks miserable as sin!! She is merely doing it because there was no other option the poor little love. :swear: As for his comment on praising her, "Praise is good but I don't want to overdo it" :bang: Sorry but this is no way to treat an animal at all, would love to put that collar on him and do a few "Heel, sit, stay's" with him! :swear:

*Pauline*
19th August 2007, 11:10 PM
I did report it to youtube, not that that would do any good but I had to do something.

Cathy T
20th August 2007, 03:02 AM
That's exactly what I thought Sandy...the poor dog just looks so confused. Didn't seem to know whether she should come or go.

Maxwell&me
20th August 2007, 04:32 AM
*sigh*
:(

I cant even think of anything to say- and thats rare for me.

Cathy Moon
20th August 2007, 04:56 AM
It's very upsetting.:(

I almost joined an All Breed training club once, because I wanted to progress in agility with Geordie. One evening I went to observe classes, and I ended up leaving because I saw some of those prong collars being used. One woman was using a prong collar on her puppy! I just walked away and never went back. I know I can't change others, but I don't want to be a part of something like that! :(

Aileen
21st August 2007, 08:24 AM
When on holiday I saw one of these on a cocker spaniel poor dog
-----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

freesia
21st August 2007, 01:22 PM
It looked more like one of those that gives an electric shock, but whatever, they should be banned totally. There is no need for them.:(

Jen
21st August 2007, 07:06 PM

You can do better than leaving a comment, you can email him directly via his website--do a google search for Heritage Kennels...I did, and emailed him about his out of date training methods.:mad:

*Pauline*
21st August 2007, 07:20 PM
Oh wow cool. Thanks. Anyone else like to leave a message I can add to my email? Just PM me. It would look better if you sign your name not your Cavalier Talk member name.

*Pauline*
21st August 2007, 07:43 PM
Ok, I emailed him, my heart is thumping I'm so angry!:mad: I've just noticed he's a hunter, there's a picture of him and his mates with a row of dead birds, no wonder.

Scouty girl
22nd August 2007, 05:10 PM
OMG!! You can tell by the way that poor girl is walking that she is freightened of him. Her back legs going close to the ground and wobbly. Also if you look really close isn't that a 'shock' collar that he has on her. He's got her coming and going. Poor confused dear. Yes I agree with everyone else, let's put that horrible, torturous thing on him along with that barbaric shock collar.

Jen
22nd August 2007, 05:27 PM
Email him your complaints! Hopefully the more people he hears from, the more he'll realize this isn't a healthy way to train a dog. :xfngr: :xfngr:

coconut
22nd August 2007, 06:50 PM
oh my god that is mad!

Caraline
25th August 2007, 01:57 AM
That man is a :swear: Those collars are vicious things and then this drop-kick feels the need to be jerking on the collar. :swear: Moron! And he has himself set up there like some kind of authority.

WoodHaven
25th August 2007, 02:17 AM
It looked more like one of those that gives an electric shock, but whatever, they should be banned totally. There is no need for them.:(

Not to defend this guy-- but that "might" be a gps collar. Hunters often use them to be able to track their dogs.

Azriel
26th August 2007, 03:42 PM
i didn't put the sound on or anything adn had to turn it off after just a short bit cause it's so depressing. what the earth was he tryign to do.. advertise his kennels???? if so, i don't know anyone who has a real interst in any dog, including a hunting dog that would buy from that moron...he looks like a d*mn fool and when looking at the dog, she looks sad on confused, but anyone just looking casually is going to think his dogs are hard to train,,,who wants to "correct" every second....the whole video just doesn't make any sense. what a dumb jerk.