• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Really mad

sallymum

Yesterday took Toby to a trainning class.,heard great things about it. Had phoned him up during the week sounded a lovely fella. So anyway went yesterday he introduced him self said he would handle the dog and i would watch. Next thing i knew he put a choke chain on Toby. I know it sounds like i am stupid but i just sat there i was totally shocked. The way he started handling Toby was unbelievable, pulling him around, thankfully what seemed like hrs but was prob secs i jumped up and started shouting at him and grabbed toby. He thought it was funny and told me to calm down that he knew what he was doing he is 3rd generation at this, he trains police dogs in this country and also Spain. Did i want a namby pamby dog.
I grabbed Toby and left. Maybe he is good at his job if u dont mind ur dog been trainned like this but no way do i think dog should be treated like this.
sorry about my rant but how can people let dogs be trainned like this.:( :cffee:

Bin it. ;) (It won't let me send this reply as it's too short so I'm just waffling here for a bit!)

I did the same thing when my Corgi Zack, a sweet little guy, was starting his Level 2 training class. Because Zack was so good, the trainer dude decided to agitate him. A Corgi! I mean geez, yes, he has all the instincts of the German Shepherd, but he's a Corgi. So as I said, I took Zack's lead and walked away never stopping until I got Zack in the car. Good for you. We have defend our babies from fruit cakes like your trainer and mine

Well done! What a GREAT mum Toby has. Bravo Sally. I hope that if I were ever in the same sort of situation I would react just as you did. :flwr:

That's just terrible....I would have taken him right out of that class too... Last week when Dixie went to her first class the instructor said absolutely NO choke collars or chains. I was so relieved to hear her say that !!!!

Trainer probably should've known better than to treat the Cavalier like he might a GSD or other police-dog candidate. Although I don't KNOW this, I'd highly suspect their training methods are a bit more 'forceful'.

:jmp: Again, good for you! I worried so much about those horror stories, I found a lady that has come to my house once and will be back again next week. We're never home long enough to go to a 6 week class! It's good to see there are more people like us that stand up for our babies!

Good women! What a yoke! and I just watched that clip. I cannot understand some people. I saw a lady use a collar like that one on TV a few weeks ago (Ceaser Millan's programme) it was a client of his. I was so shocked as I had actually never even seen one of these before.

Well done for your reaction!

I think I know who this is -- have heard of someone who runs classes like this. An idiot. Can you PM me the name?

Thanks --

Back