PDA

View Full Version : Small poops on grain free/Raw?

Holly
21st August 2007, 12:18 AM
Sorry about the gross topic....I have been feeding Orijen and NV Raw Instinct grain free kibble and also the NV raw medallions. Olivers poops are small and very hard. Is this normal? Bentley's seem to be a bit runnier--just the opposite.

cy1266
21st August 2007, 12:21 AM
Miles is on the raw meat/veggie diet, and his are typically small and firm - never runny. I think that is typical on the raw diet, even with the raw kibble...

Cathy T
21st August 2007, 03:14 AM
Definitely the case with Jake and Shelby. Small, firm, and very low stink-factor poops from Primal raw. And....couldn't tell you the last time I stepped in poop :D now that it all in one place and not drip dropped all over the yard.

sallymum
21st August 2007, 06:35 PM
Mine are on red mill leader and their poop is the same , stink free (nearly) and very small and hard. which makes cleaning time much easier.:D

vivi
21st August 2007, 09:30 PM
My dogs are on Orijen and they deliver lots of hard stinking poops:dogwlk:

Caraline
25th August 2007, 01:50 AM
Yep one of the benefits of raw & grain free is nice small, firm & un-stinkey poos. This is a good thing, not only for you, but also for the dog. Apparently they are less inclined to have anal gland problems than dogs that have large soft poos.

Ah we love talking about our dog poos. Well why not... it is often the first sign we get that all is not well.