• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Laci's short hair

PseudoTwins

My Laci has such shorter hair than Reggie. Reggie's hair is thicker and curlier, too. Will Laci's hair thicken up and get longer? Lacie is a Blenheim and Reggie is Tri.

The Blenheim coat is finer than the dense black coat of a Tri-Colour, also Dogs tend to have heavier more feathered coats than Bitches (look at a Male Lion as an example) You will find that they do not get their full adult coats until around 12-18 months and some cases later than this!

Should you have them spayed/neutered then their coat will grow in quite quickly and will be a bit woolier than had they been left unaltered, this is MY personal experience with these operations, I know others who report differently.

But it does take time for a coat to grow in and Tri-colour coats are often thicker and denser than Blenheim coats, hope this helps?

:) Thanks Cathryn. That makes sense. We are having her and our little Reggie spayed and neutered at 6 months so I'll probably see a difference then.

It also involves genetics too and many say, whether you let your dog get overweight (fatter dogs generally have poorer coats that get curly and cottony). :)

I have just the opposite situation -- a spayed female tri with a very heavy coat, around age two. Then two neutered boys coming up to age 4, both with very minimal, smooth silky coats. My tri Leo is a heavier coat than my blenheim. Neither of the boys had any significant coat change aftre being neutered, especially not Leo. They were neutered around 9 months. Jaspar and Leo are half brothers from the same breeder while Lily is a rescue. Jaspar's coat has always come in very, very slowly!

On the other hand, my mom's spayed blenheim of 8 has a very heavy coat!

I've always been told that the black hair does tend to grow in heavier and faster than white or red, so blenheims and rubies in general don't have as heavy a coat as a tri or B&T. Leo's and Lily's black coat is longer and heavier than their white bits. :)

My tris both have very different coats. Jake has a lot of black and his coat is very long, Shelby is mostly white and her coat is quite short.

Back