• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Visit to the vets

freesia

Barney fell off the settee last night and hurt his leg, he was holding it up all the time. He didn't cry out or anything, I checked him over and he wasn't bothered one bit. Thought I would see what he was like this morning.

Poor lad was very stiff, even did his wee on three legs. Then he started putting weight on it again and it went again. I took him to the vets and they said it was just a sprain and gave him painkillers. As soon as I phoned the vets he stopped limping and chased the cat and he didn't limp when we went to the vets, typical isn't it:rolleyes:

While we were there we saw an 11yr old b&t, he was gorgeous. Barney like him.:D

We were going to go to Scarborough for a day out, seeing as we are on holiday and going to take Barney, but we won't be able to now.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Barney's leg is injured. You did the right thing bringing him to the vet even after it seemed to have cleared up! Sorry you can't go on your day out. Maybe when Barney's fully fit again! :D

Aw poor Barney! Typical of these dogs to make liars of us though!! :lol:

:xfngr: for a speedy recovery! :hug:

Thank you. Looking at him tonight, you wouldn't think there was anything wrong, He is busy chasing the cat again and having the zoomies. No limping in sight.:)

Sometimes they just "pull" something, I well remember when my late Merlin was just a pup (approx 5 months) and he slipped down the last 3 stairs at our house, he was holding his backleg up and yelping for all he was worth!! :yikes: rushed him down to the vets totally panic stricken, of course he walked just fine with the vet watching didn't he? :lol:

Just goes to show how very much these little dogs get under our skin and in so short a time too!

:lotsaluv:

Your right there Cathryn, but they are so easy to love. I wouldn't like to be without our Barney.:luv:

Well Barney was a lot better so we took him to Scarborough and he enjoyed it. Got carried loads, including in a bag. He loved being on the beach digging and spent ages chasing sand flies, running up and down like a mad one. He was like a little bairn run into the water and run back out when the waves came in.:D Loads of people there and dogs, he got loads of attention and made quite a few friends. Been to a local show today so more people and dogs. :D

The only trouble we had at Scarborough was walking along the front on the South side, I was walking along looking at the attractions and I tripped over and fell flat on my face. Wouldn't of been so bad if it had not been so busy, a young lad gave me my sandal back. Tripped over a parking bollard that was on the path, thought they were for the road. Scraped my knees and cut my foot but just laughed it off even though it hurt. Felt such a twit.:eek:

Back