PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

loz
22nd August 2007, 04:43 PM
Just so pleased I found this forum:D . I dont have a cavvie at the moment but ive wanted one for years. Im scouring papers and internet daily for an older pup or young adult so im bound to find one soon. In the meantime ive got you guys to chat with:) .

Karlin
22nd August 2007, 04:58 PM
Hi and welcome! One important word of advice that I know many here will echo -- PLEASE don't get a dog either from the internet or the papers or any small ads sites. These will be backyard breeders and brokers of puppy farm dogs of very questionable background and potentially, very poor health. So many here have greatly regretted not taking the time to find a dog from a good breeder. A good breeder will sometimes have older puppies or young adults they have run on but decided not to show -- typically 6-8 months to young adult age.

We have lots of advice for finding a good breeder the Library section and depending on where you are based, people here may be able to privately suggest some reputable, health focused breeders. We have a UK breeder member who might have suggestions too. :)

There are quite serious and costly health issues in this breed so finding a reputable breeder is of great importance. Be sure to review the health issues in the breed (pinned to the Health section of the Library) so you know what to look out for. :thmbsup:

Mycavyangels
22nd August 2007, 04:59 PM
Hello welcome to Cavalier talk:D :D

Cathryn
22nd August 2007, 05:30 PM
Hello! icon_welcome to the boards!

Willl echo what karlin has said already about not buying from free papers or the internet, you quite simply DO NOT know what you might be bringing on yourself, worry not we will help guide you to your soulmate!! :lotsaluv:

Cathy Moon
23rd August 2007, 02:49 AM
icon_welcome:mexwav: to CavalierTalk!!

Cathy T
23rd August 2007, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the board. You will find all kinds of great advice here to help you find the dog you want.

jennifer
23rd August 2007, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the board abd enjoy it.:D

Rj Mac
23rd August 2007, 03:58 PM
Hiya welcome to the boards :D

sarahg
24th August 2007, 06:30 AM
Hi Loz and icon_welcome

PseudoTwins
24th August 2007, 09:17 PM
I, too, will echo what Karlin said about buying from the internet. My husband and I did and based on the few issues we've had, we are worried what more "might" come about.

Welcome to the board! You will simply adore these pups. :luv: They are the greatest in the world! I can't believe how much I love these two babies of mine! :lotsaluv:

Caraline
25th August 2007, 10:15 AM
icon_welcome from Australia

coconut
25th August 2007, 10:55 AM
welcome to the board!