PDA

View Full Version : Food Processors

Jen
22nd August 2007, 05:42 PM
Mine died last night, researching good options...any suggestions?? We use ours mainly for making dog food. :p

Karlin
22nd August 2007, 06:25 PM
Do you need to grind bones?

Jen
22nd August 2007, 06:58 PM
No. Good question!

Barbara Nixon
23rd August 2007, 11:04 AM
I , and I'm not the only one to do this, wrecked my old Kenwood while making dog biscuits. The centre column cracked. I then bought a Tefal Kaleo , but have never used it, except to check that the motor works, so can't comment.

Karlin
23rd August 2007, 11:22 AM
I like Cuisinarts myself, have one from the US ovr here so have to run it on an electricity converter which is a bit of a pain. The brands available in the two countries are a bit different as I've never seen a Cuisinart over here! I was just reading a Yahoo Finance column where a cheaper processor was recommended for basic tasks. But in general I feel the better the quality and stronger the motor the longer it's going to last. I see Delia advocates the Magimix 5100 on her website but sounds supiciously like a commercial promotion she is involved with. :lol:

Cuisinarts are always going on sale -- mine was around $100 which is about a third off I think. I dont use it enough, really -- I need to watch the video. I really like cooking and it is a great time saver so I really should be making full use of it.

Cathryn
23rd August 2007, 12:42 PM
I love my tefal Multichef which was my Mum's and donated to me when she got a newer model, hers then broke and mine is still going!! Have you checked out Ebay for any bargains on there?