• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poor Bentley...and poor me!

Holly

Poor baby had me up every hour last night with the big d. I felt so sorry for him. I am not going to feed him this morning to give his stomach a rest and keep him in my bathroom, which has tile, while I'm at school this morning. At lunchtime I will run home and drop him by the vet, then pick him up after school.

I hope its just a minor puppy thing. Poor Bentley! Teaching the rugrats is not going to be fun today with that little sleep!

Do Cavs typically have sensitive stomachs? Oliver has d and ends up at the vet because of it several times a year, too. They never find anything wrong, though. They give him Metroni-something and it clears it up.

Sorry to hear about poor Bentley and POOR YOU not getting any sleep.
When my Rudee was a puppy she suffered a bit from colitis and at first I always took her to the Vet ASAP but I soon learned that if I starved her for a day(really hard to do ) and let her tummy settle then most times she was ok. If not, then I would take her in to see the Vet. As she got older the problem seemed to sort itself out. Hope Bentley feels better soon.

Holly I'm so sorry to hear Bently's not well. :xfngr: :xfngr: it's nothing serious and that you can both go back to getting a good night's sleep soon. :)

update

A friend took Bentley to the vet for me today and I picked him up after school---they couldnt find anything wrong. They gave him an injection of Centrine and sent him home with Metronidazole and Centrine. They think it might just be a stomach bug thats been going around! I think he's feeling better already as he is playing with Oliver again!

Annie's been through this a couple of times. In fact, she's on Metronidazole (antibiotic) right now. It seems to have cleared up the problem. The vet advised to keep giving it to her for a week after her runny stools disappear.

Sorry to hear your baby not feeling too well, and hope he's over it very soon! Cavaliers can be prone to tummy bugs, I usually give mine a teaspoon of Kaolin and Morphine every 4 hours whilst witholding food, the kaolin helps settle things down whilst the morphine calms the dog down. Then the usual routine of with-holding feed for 24 hours followed by a light build up diet of chicken and rice then back onto the kibble. Always remember though to allow access to fresh water as the "D's" can dehydrate them VERY quickly indeed!!

Get well soon Bentley :hug: and I hope you get more sleep soon too Holly! Nothing worse than having to go to work on little or no sleep! :slp: :slp: :lotsaluv:

Both of mine seemed to easily get diarrhea when they were very little. BUT! I found out the issue.....I was giving them chew bones made from corn starch (booda bimples) and THAT what was causing the problems. (after spending $$$ at the vet on tests.....)

I hope Bentley feels better soon!!!!!!!!

Back