• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Licking humans

PseudoTwins

Laci and Reggie are getting close to 5 months old (they are so dang cute!) Laci is such a licker. As much as I love her kissing me, she gets so excited, she won't stop. I'm just worried about other people.:yuk: I'm sure they don't enjoy it as much as I do! :luv: She even loves to lick my husbands toes and my arms when I'm holding her, etc, etc, etc. And if I continue to let her lick me, I feel it's telling her that's alright.
Does anyone have any suggestions on getting her to stop?

Sorry no i cant help. my Sally is the same, also Trix who i fostered he would sit all night if he could and lick me to death. :D

I let my guys kiss me, then say "no more kisses" and put them into a lay down. When guests come I tell them to say "no more kisses" and both dogs will immediately stop. But......if they aren't ready to stop, they will stop and just stare at you with these big pleading eyes :rolleyes:

Mr. Quincy is a major kisser/licker as well. I just have to distract him when we don't want him to do it any more. I do enjoy waking up in the morning to a soft little kiss, and to look up and see those beautiful big eyes staring at me.............

Bella is an obsessive licker. She will lick any exposed skin and if there's no skin she will lick your clothes :neutral:. I say "No licks" but she doesn't always obey :rolleyes:

I really like Cathy T's advice and will try that here myself!!! Molly is a big time kisser, and I don't want her to stop completely, but it would be nice to be able to tell her 'enough'.

By the way, my sister in law lives in SLC area (Heber) and works in Park City....spends a lot of time in SLC....I am SURE that if she ever saw you out with Laci & Reggie she'd stop & say hello & tell you about her "niece & nephew dogs" (My two...Molly & Max) She loves my two so much that she even bought them a birthday gift for their birthdays a few weeks back.....lol.....anyway... just an off topic side note. :D

Some of mine kiss and some of them don't! Logan, my stud dog doesn't very often, if he hasn't seen me for a while, like when I went into hospital back in November for an op, when I got home he dashed over and gave me quick kiss then scurried off looking VERY embarrased :lol:

All mine do long slow licks on feet , legs and arms and I love it. Teddy also does quick flicky face licks, that I'm not so keen on, but they are a good mood tester. If I think he may be grumpy, I say ''Kissy, kissy'' and if he does he just looks grumpy.

Cupcake is a super licker also. :luv: I've finally trained her to stop when I say "thank you Cupcake no more" but it sure took awhile!

Scout will only lick me when I first come home. After that no kisses for me. She's so excited to see me jumping frantically, crying wanting me to bend down, which of course I do, and then the kisses. Just a few though. When she was a puppy she used to fit in the crook of my arm and she would nibble my ear. I miss those days. So Cute.

Baldy can be very Kissey when he's excited to see us, also if he's getting excited from fusses he starts to kiss.

jadan isnt one for kisses unless you get right up close and snuggle into him but he used to lick and lick at a chair in our dining room until we realised that he was doing it to get our attention as he wanted food too so we had to ignore him and now he doesnt do it for long before giving up. sunday morning kisses are special though as he isnt normally allowed upstairs :)

Mine are quite licky dogs as well...they dont do it insistently if you're just standing there...but if they get into your lap or you're rubbing their stomach they'll just non-stopping lick you to death!!!...its never been that big a deal with other people so i dont know what advice to offer...the "No more licks" command followed by the lie down sounds good though

Lucy is a kisser, she loves klicking your feet, hands and face ,
Megan on the other hand likes kisses but isnt bothered about them but if she sees lucy or jake giving you a kiss then she will come over and give you one!
Jake would just lick you to death!!!!:D :D

Sally is a licker and kisser too! It can be embarrassing when anyone visits and she licks them. Some people find it disgusting. Sally loves to lick legs with body lotion or shower gel scents on! She also likes to lick armpits for the taste of deodrant! We have to stop her immediately so she doesn't ingest the chemicals. She stops most of the time if we say 'no more kisses'. Why do they do this?!

Back