• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poorly Baldrick

Baldyboy

Baldrick has been having some trouble with his Anal Glands. Has had abcesses, which have been treated with Anti-biotics. Unfortuanatly they keep on coming back, so the Vet recommended removing them.

He had the op friday last week, was very quiet for the first couple of days but is picking up well now. Vet is happy with the progress, and stitches are due out next tuesday.

I think the most annoying thing now for him is still not being able to lick/chew "down below" and having the wear the buster collar to stop him! He's now turned into a little bulldozer, just ramming his way round the house. Warning - a cavalier with a buster collar hurts the legs!!!!!

So pleased to say he's on the mend, looking forward to taking him for a long run in the woods when he's better.

So glad that Baldrick is on the mend!!! It's always so hard on the humans when the pups are not feeling well....so this is good news for everyone. :)

Thanks guys. He's healing up very well, and getting more spring back in his step. So very pleased with it! And hardly any accidents now (unlike the first couple of nights poor boy).

Glad to hear that he is feeling better! My Ma-in-Laws dog had the same op a few years ago and was in fine fettle within days I am glad to report! But I know what you mean about a Cavalier in a buster collar, OUCH! :lol: :lotsaluv: :hug: for Baldrick and a speedy recovery!!

Hope the poor little guy is back to his old self in no time. And the collar on the shins...ouch!!

Thanks everyone. I think he's on the mend has been running round the house like mad this morning. He's like a pinball, bouncing off all the walls and door frames!!!

Well today's the big day. Stitches come out this afternoon, and buster collar should come off! Keeping things crossed it goes ok this afternoon.

I'm off work with a bad back, but have some company............

28082007526.jpg

He looks so sorry for himself with the collar on. I know that look well - Cleos was the same after her spay! Your shins will thank you when it's gone! :xfngr: all goes well.

Thanks again for all the good wishes. Stitches came out yesterday, no problems there, on the vets advice left the buster collar on last night whilst the itching settled down from having the stiches out. Collar off today and he's so much happier! Back to his old self, even chased the cats this morning (mind you they then chased him back LOL).

Back