• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fish 4 Dogs

Claire L

We took the doglets on a day trip to Enniskillen last week and stumbled upon a Pet Supermarket. I bought some "Sea Jerky" small treats for them and they absolutely LOVE them. I only bought two packs so when these run out , I guess we'll have to do another trip :rolleyes:

Has anyone else tried them???

Oh yes!!

My lot LOVE their fish skin treats!! Barbara Nixon posted about a specail offer they were doing the one time and I ordered loads, actually better see how many I have left, wouldn't want to run out, I'd have a mutiny on my hands!! :lol:

Bought big bags of their stuff at one of the big Irish dogshows -- one of the UK treats sellers at the St Pat's annual show carries them. Jaspar was kind of so so with them but the other dogs liked them. I got about three different types.

Oh you lucky ducks! Fancy having a pet supermarket. I have never seen fish treats, though I do feed my dogs fish and they love it. I would love to find some fish treats to give my guys.

Fish4Dogs have another two for one on jerky chunks. £25.50 for 3.8kgs. There is also an ongoing, from last month, offer on kibble. They appear to have regular offers.www.fish4dogs.com

If anyone wants to try the products, someoen on Dogpages mentioned that Pets at Home are stocking small packs (£1.49 I think they were).

My lot refuse to let me forget their morning skins. If I'm slow off the mark, they line up in the kitchen and stare at me. I like the skin rolls , as the teeth are scrubbed as they crunch between the layers. Two skins per day are the limit, as Teddy once stole some and got the runs from four.

Last edited:
I went to our Pets at Home and found them. I bought the rolls too, they love them. I follow Barbara's example and give them one in the morning after they've been out and they are so happy! It also keeps them occupied for a while, they are nice and crunchy.:D They also love beef jerky, also from Pets at Home. The smell is absolutely revolting, but the dogs adore them and go crazy even if I say 'beef jerky'!

I've just checked the site to see if the next offer, redfish, hopefully is on, and notice that they have run out of salmon kibble, so must be gaining in popularity.

Mine have the redfish rolls, which are larger than mini bites, but softer than the jerky. They are recommneded for dogs who are older or don't like chewing hard things.

How about feeding raw fish filets? The breeder highly recommends that-bones and all- but I have been a bit leery of it. The same thing with raw chicken wings. Anyone here feed that?

Maija and Hermione's breeder feeds her dogs raw chicken wings and apparently all her dogs love them. They are also very satisfying because they give them some real chewing to do. She really recommends them, so why am I still a bit reluctant...?

A vet I discussed them with doesn't like them because of the chance of infection (though some people claim that freezing first, kills the germs) and the chance of sharp edges damaging the gut.

I have fed mine raw chicken wings and had no problems, however other people have had problems, I believe Karlin had a bad experience a while back?

Basically an uncooked bone is considered to be safer as it is pliable, whereas a cooked bone is brittle and more likely to cause damage to the delicate throat tissues.

Back