• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Injured by Frontline

KingstonsMom

A co-worker just told me she had to rush her bichon frise to the emergency room a few nights ago due to what looked like a large painful burn on the back of her neck. Turns out it was caused by her Frontline flea medication! I don't know the full details on this yet, but it sounds pretty scary. Anyone else heard of this happening?

wow...very scary!!! Hope the dog is ok. Haven't heard of this happening, but I worry about buying fake frontline, so I buy it directly from my vet.

OMG! :yikes: I have used Frontline for many years now, both as a spray treatment and as a spot on treatment on ALL ages of dogs from 2 weeks to 12 years and have NEVER had a bad reaction to this yet!

I hope that your co-worker's dog makes a good recovery :xfngr: But this treatment has been around for over a decade on Prescription Only and has only just been "de-classified" so I am somewhat taken aback to this reaction!

Keep us posted on this please?

Speedy Get Well Soon Vibes coming your way!!

wow...very scary!!! Hope the dog is ok. Haven't heard of this happening, but I worry about buying fake frontline, so I buy it directly from my vet.

This is true-- the counterfeit frontline isn't always the same chemicals--

Hope the dog makes a full recovery:xfngr:

I still have a six month supply of Frontline from my vet. I am about ready to stop searching for a new puppy. Thought someone might want this on the board. Are the counterfeit ones even found at a vet clinic even?

KingstonsMom, Sending get well wishes to your friend's Bichon.

I definitely don't want to put people in a panic, but I thought it was information worth passing on. I will try to speak with my friend and try to get more info on where she bought the Frontline and what exactly the ER doc said... I'll keep you posted.

That is awful. I have never had any problems with Frontline, but I suppose like any product, some animals may be allergic to the ingredients in it. And yes, it is a worry that there are products out there claiming to be something that they are not so it is always a good idea to buy from a reputable source.

That is so scary! Wrigley has used Frontline for years with no trouble. I do buy it directly from the vet, though. Gosh, you never know what you're going to get anymore....

Back