PDA

View Full Version : Any Dog Strollers?

cavalier4eva
25th August 2007, 06:07 PM
Anybody have a dog stroller that would fit a grown cavie.????:xfngr:

Claire L
25th August 2007, 08:47 PM
Just saw this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heavy-Duty-Premium-Pink-Pet-Dog-Stroller-100-closure_W0QQitemZ110162187512QQihZ001QQcategoryZ20 745QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like there are quite a few good offers on there.

Karlin
25th August 2007, 10:21 PM
I'd also try second hand shops if you just want a human one (but you'd need a way to clip your dog to the stroller so it cannot bolt). There are some that are specially made for dogs. I think we only have a couple of people here who have strollers they are using, so may be hard to find a second hand dog one here. EBay or Craigslist would be good places to try and hunt one down second hand too. :)

Lisa_T
25th August 2007, 11:47 PM
I got this one for my pair: http://www.lamp-post.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=RO02680

I got it from Surrey Pet Supplies (if you're in the UK) and together with postage (£15 for Northern Ireland, bleck) it was still cheaper than £100. I can't recommend it highly enough. The construction is superb, it's roomy enough to take my pair easily, and it really does fold up and down at the touch of a button. They even include a waterproof thing for it too! My parents refuse to be seen near me when I have it because if you didn't know, it really looks like a child's buggy! Both my pups fit into it comfortably, although I'd like it to be a bit wider, but it's plenty long enough for two small dogs for short trips.

mishmosh
26th August 2007, 02:19 PM
do people bend to see, thinking you have a baby?! ;)

Lisa_T
27th August 2007, 01:51 PM
*g* Not yet, although a friend did a double take when I emerged from the train station yesterday complete with buggy. Actually, people are very helpful when you have a buggy, regardless of whether it contains dogs or children! The only person who said something was a girl on the train who had a buggy of her own (with a kid on it) who said that her little girl was fascinated by the dogs peeking out from the buggy! The netting means it's quite hard to see what's inside when it's all zipped up, and if the waterproof cover was on it'd be even harder!

arasara
27th August 2007, 04:21 PM
I don't know where you're located, but I have a jeep stroller that I got through petsmart:

http://xf7.xanga.com/3a2c117736732141399058/b104295544.jpg

Kosmo had surgery for a luxating patella and the stroller has been the best thing I've ever had. Faith fits in there too, for if we ever want to go somewhere that we need to use it.

I was looking at the one that LisaT has, but I got this one because it has rubber wheels and I thought they would hold up better vs. the plastic ones although I love the blue ;)

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444181 6252&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302047563&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1188228045556&itemNo=2&Ntt=stroller&In=All&previousText=stroller&N=2

Here you can go and check it out if you're interested 8)

cavalier4eva
28th August 2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks for all your suggestings!!!! Sorry i dont live in UK. I live in Milford, CT, USA!!! And too bad we dont have a petsmart around here, the clostest one is in New York. I bet mom will find me one!!:rah:

arasara
28th August 2007, 02:53 PM
Hey :)

Since you live in the USA, there is a website - www.justpetstrollers.com and they offer mostly free shipping and also lowest price guarantee. :)

Hope you can find something you want from there :xfngr:

mishmosh
28th August 2007, 06:34 PM
I could have done with one of those when my last cavalier was elderly and terribly arthritic.

Do they struggle and try to jump out?

arasara
28th August 2007, 07:46 PM
uhh .. well.. Faith is not by any means what I would consider "normal" icon_blshing and she did jump out once when a neighbor's kid ran out and yelled her name.. since then she's either strapped in or I have the top closed and zipped tight.

I have used it for kosmo since he had a luxating patella surgery on both knees and couldn't walk very far . I used it to condition him into walking longer and longer and when he would get tired I just put him in and continued the walk. He really enjoyed being outdoors and sniffing the air too.

Neither one of the dogs have cried or scratched to get out when they are in there :flwr:

Lisa_T
28th August 2007, 08:48 PM
I think mine does have rubber wheels! But I keep it zipped up since I'm wheeling it through a busy area and while I don't believe Holly would jump, I don't trust Amber.

cavalier4eva
28th August 2007, 11:40 PM
Moms actually gonna wait untill next summer to get me a stroller because i mom doesnt take me outside that often in the winter because i get cold even though mom buys me clothes i still get cold with them on. I play on our deck that has a roof over it in the winter but when i have to go potty i go down in the snow. We live in a busy area and one day Candi bolted in the middle of a main road, while i was chasing after her and i just missed her when she ran across the street in another persons yard. Mom is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thankful that i didnt get hit by a car!!!