• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crystals pups are official!!

Cathryn

........well almost!

I went into the kennel Club site where I am registered to use their "advanced services" which basically means I can register litters online! They check them all in case any of the names are unacceptable before fully approving them first but so far the pups posh names will be

Ttenneb

"Tailor made"
"Rough Diamond"
"Over the moon"
"Saffron Rose"
"Diamond Rose"

Just waiting on approval from the KC :xfngr: What do you think? Nice names? Over the Moon was chosen by that puppies new owner as she is Over the Moon to finally be getting the puppy and better still she gets her baby on her Birthday!! :lotsaluv:

Great names. I never understand how other people come up with such unsual, perfect names. I guess my mind is just too boring.

Cathryn, I think it would be a good idea if the Kennel Club site had an automatic search to see if the names have been used before. Is there any way you can check if names are taken?

Hi!

The only time I cannot use a particular name is if I have already used that name in the previous 10 years myself OR if it is some-one else's Affix, for example I wanted to register Darcy as "Ttenneb Dream Catcher" However the words Dream Catcher are some-one else's affix so it wasn't allowed.
As I have my own Affix, Ttenneb (Bennett backwards! ;) ) I could name a puppy, let's say "Ttenneb Gilbert", and some-one else with their own individual affix, lets say "SweetBriar" could also name a puppy "Sweetbriar Gilbert" and the KC would view both names as being unique to the Affix holders!

There are a surprising number of dogs in the ring called "Billy Elliot" and also "Harry Potter" but as they have a different Affix at the beginning they classed as unique to the kennel where they were born!

Hope this makes sense?

As for thinking up names, sometimes they just pop into my head, sometimes I follow a theme as with the girls in this litter they are my 3rd generation of "Rose's", sometimes I'll hear a nice name on a racehorse! I struggled with this lot, as I really wanted to call one of them "Dare to Dream" as I had 3 lost litters last year and I said to my OH that I didn't "Dare to Dream" about Crystals pups until they arrived safely :( Then just after they were born I spotted a fellow exhibitor and colleague of mine had a dog with that name, so I wouldn't try for that name knowing that, just me being silly but.......:rolleyes:

lovely names!! i esp like Over the Moon and the story that goes along with it is so sweet. what a wonderful b-day present that will be for the new owner!

Back