PDA

View Full Version : Coco not well

sallymum
27th August 2007, 12:29 PM
Brought Coco to vet this morning acting weird all weekend but worst this morning like he is drunk. Bad news they have kept him in think he might have epelepsy, or possible a bleed on the brain. I have to call back later, hopefully he will be ok . I am sitting here in shock.

coconut
27th August 2007, 12:37 PM
oh that is terrible if u need anything give me a call!!! i will be away from the computer for rest of the day so i will give u a call later!

Barbara Nixon
27th August 2007, 12:39 PM
Thinking of you both.

Mycavyangels
27th August 2007, 12:51 PM
Oh no! thats terrible:( will be thinking of you both!!

casshon
27th August 2007, 01:42 PM
Poor Coco :(. I really hope he is OK :xfngr:.

Tiki had epilepsy so I know it can be very traumatic. Let us know as soon as you hear anything :flwr:

Cleo's Person
27th August 2007, 01:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Coco is unwell. :xfngr: :xfngr: he gets better soon and that they can control this.

sallymum
27th August 2007, 02:40 PM
Just got a call from vet not looking good. Coco has suffered some sort of fit, it seems he has a mass in his head by the size they say its probly been there awhile, vet says that is most likely why he was dumped in first place. He says i might have some decisions to make as he say the size pushing on brain is not looking good. Not sure if coco is going to come round and if so he said he could be left brain damaged maybe blind.
I feel bad that i noticed nothing till this weekend but he acted normal the only thing was he has always been very quiet but then so is Sally, and sometimes he wouldnt eat but then next time he would. I also got him checked when i got him out of pound and they said he was fine.
I hope i dont have to make any decisions but then Coco comes first. I only hope i make the right one. Am going to vet this evening to see him.

Lynn
27th August 2007, 04:00 PM
Sending you our love at this very difficult time. I pray that Coco has no pain & a full recovery and that whatever you choose, you can find peace in the decision.

Barbara Nixon
27th August 2007, 04:01 PM
Oh, no. it's not fair.

Don't blame yourself for not noticing any differences, as there may not have been any. What you describe is perfectly normal behaviour for some dogs. Izzy was quiet and picky over food well before he was ever ill. If your vet thought that Coco was fine, how could you expect otherwise ?

Eeva
27th August 2007, 04:25 PM
So sorry! Poor Coco :( Thinking of you both.

arasara
27th August 2007, 04:31 PM
oh I am so sorry to hear that :(

My fingers are crossed for Coco. :hug: to all of you

brid kenny
27th August 2007, 04:35 PM
Oh no...just saw the post.I'm so sorry. Let us know how he is getting on. You have don everything right for this little man.

Karlin
27th August 2007, 04:40 PM
Oh no, I am so, so sorry. :( You couldn't possibly have been expected to know. Hope he'll be OK but make the best decision for him and for you. :flwr: If it is his time, you will know you gave him love, care and happiness.

He actually wasn't a surrender, he was picked up a stray (he had to stay in 5 days as a stray), so he definitely was not abandoned because anyone knew of this problem.

Denise G.
27th August 2007, 04:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Coco. My prayers and hopes are with you and Coco. I know you'll make the right decision for Coco. It sounds like you've given him a lot of love and care--don't blame yourself for not seeing any signs. Sometimes they're just not there...

Take care--:flwr:

ourempire
27th August 2007, 05:21 PM
I pray that Coco will be better. The best of wishes and hugs from here.
Charlotte

Cathryn
27th August 2007, 05:45 PM
Just got in and found this thread! OMG :yikes: I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Will be watching this thread now for news on Coco, we are all thinking of you here and rooting for Coco :lotsaluv: also a Mega Huge :hug: for you too. I hope that you do NOT have to make any decisions for him :flwr:

Thinking of you.................

Gem
27th August 2007, 06:24 PM
Our thoughts are with you and Coco at this time. Sometimes life can be so hard, :xfngr: you dont have to make any decisions but am sure you'll do whats right for Coco. take care x

coconut
27th August 2007, 09:21 PM
so sorry about coco!! It's not ur fault that u didn't notice anything til now!!!

Thinking of u if u need anything just give me a call!:flwr:

Claire L
27th August 2007, 09:37 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear about Coco. Keeping you and Coco in our thoughts and prayers. Sending you positive thoughts and big :hug: :hug:

jld
27th August 2007, 11:48 PM
My heart goes out to you.......Judy

Cathy Moon
28th August 2007, 02:45 AM
Oh I'm so sorry this is happening to you and Coco. :hug::hug: You'll both be in our thoughts.

coconut
28th August 2007, 09:44 AM
Any more news on coco?

*Pauline*
28th August 2007, 01:43 PM
What's the latest on Coco Mary? Thinking of you xxx :hug:

max
28th August 2007, 02:19 PM
FINGERS CROSSED:xfngr:

jennifer
28th August 2007, 02:36 PM
Paws crossed. I am sorry I did not see this tread yesterday. :hug: :hug:

sallymum
28th August 2007, 04:35 PM
Coco will be in vets for awhile they think he will be ok hopefully meds will work, going to do a biopsy will no more after this. He has come round still not himself though hopefully if the biopsy isnt cancerous and the meds work could be an op , not sure yet he might have a while yet.:xfngr:

arasara
28th August 2007, 04:38 PM
it's good to hear they think that it can be managed. I'm so sorry you're going through this :( :hug: to all of you. :xfngr: for coco in the upcoming days. I hope everything is alright and he gets better!!

jcj528
28th August 2007, 04:50 PM
It so hard to see your baby go through something like that. I hope the meds do their trick and no surgery will be needed. Keeping you and Coco in my prayers

Karlin
28th August 2007, 04:51 PM
Fingers crossed all works out OK> :xfngr:

coconut
28th August 2007, 04:55 PM
:xfngr: all will work out!! give me a ring if u need anything mary!

Cleo's Person
28th August 2007, 05:16 PM
It is good to hear that it might be manageable. :xfngr: :xfngr: for good biopsy results.

Barbara Nixon
28th August 2007, 05:23 PM
I do so hope that the results are good, but, if not, steroids can give several months of normal life. My Benji had a large inoperable tumour on his forehead and was quite happy for 8 months, though, eventually, he didn't look his normal handsome self, because of weight gain.

cavlover
28th August 2007, 08:40 PM
:xfngr: :xfngr: I am hoping to hear good news about Coco, my prayers are with you and your family.

sallymum
28th August 2007, 11:39 PM
Seen Coco this evening still not totally with it but thankfully he has stabalised

Claire L
29th August 2007, 10:27 AM
Sending lots of prayers and :hug: :hug: to you and Coco :xfngr: :xfngr: for a good outcome.

Cathryn
29th August 2007, 10:35 AM
Glad to hear he is stable now, :xfngr: for a speedy recovery for him :lotsaluv:

Karlin
29th August 2007, 10:37 AM
Glad he is a bit better; keep us informed. :xfngr:

coconut
29th August 2007, 12:32 PM
have being thinking about coco all morning, how is he doing?

sallymum
29th August 2007, 12:39 PM
Not looking good they cant seem to bring him around properly, not sure why though i heard mention brain damage his eyes dont seem to be focusing right. They said they should hopefully know more this evening.

Cleo's Person
29th August 2007, 12:54 PM
Oh God!!! I'm so sorry to hear this :( :( . :xfngr: :xfngr: he comes around soon. :hug: :hug: to you both.

Karlin
29th August 2007, 01:00 PM
Oh poor Coco. I sure hope he improves. Thinking of him and of you. :hug:

Mary
29th August 2007, 02:36 PM
Prayers of hope and comfort going out for little Coco and his family. :hug:

Scouty girl
29th August 2007, 04:47 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear about Coco. I will be thinking of Coco and your family. I pray that things start to take a turn for the better. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Please keep us informed.

Cleo's Person
29th August 2007, 05:58 PM
Poor Coco! :hug: :hug: :hug: thinking of you at this difficult time.

ourempire
29th August 2007, 07:31 PM
Poor little Coco, and poor you. I send my prayers and wish the best for you both.
Charlotte

Cathy T
30th August 2007, 01:06 AM
I've just now caught up on this and am so sorry to be reading of your problems. Sending prayers your way.

PamH
30th August 2007, 01:11 AM
Hugs from me and licks from Maddy. I am so sorry to hear this.
The best of luck to both of you.
Pam and Maddy

merlinsmum
30th August 2007, 03:25 PM
:xfngr: Coco will be okay. Sending you :hug:

george108
31st August 2007, 12:19 AM
So sorry to hear this. Sending all our love and strength to Coco.

Cathryn
31st August 2007, 01:00 AM
Any more news on Coco yet?? :hug: :hug:

sallymum
31st August 2007, 09:20 AM
I am on my way to say Good bye to Coco. Its for the best.

scoobie
31st August 2007, 09:38 AM
oh i am so sorry was really worried about coco. thinking of u and ur family. life just isnt fair sometimes:(

Cathryn
31st August 2007, 09:42 AM
Oh No!! I am so incredibly sad to hear this :cry*ing: :hug: :hug:*ng*l Thinking of you :hug: :flwr:

*Pauline*
31st August 2007, 09:49 AM
I'm so sorry, have sent you a PM. :hug:

coconut
31st August 2007, 09:49 AM
Oh No! That is so sad! i will be thinking about u! if u need anything give me a call! :flwr: :flwr:

Mary
31st August 2007, 10:18 AM
You and Coco are in my heart and prayers. Such a difficult time.

Claire L
31st August 2007, 10:37 AM
:cry*ing: This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you today :hug:

Cleo's Person
31st August 2007, 10:52 AM
I'm so sorry. This is a really tought time for you. Thinking of you :hug: :hug:

Barbara Nixon
31st August 2007, 11:07 AM
I'm so sorry. He's been with you such a short time.

Lynn
31st August 2007, 11:55 AM
I'm so deeply sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

cavlover
31st August 2007, 12:43 PM
I am so sad for you and your family,It is absolutly the hardest thing we ever have to do but you don't want to see coco suffer try to remember the good times.:hug: :hug:
judy

Sue.k
31st August 2007, 01:06 PM
Oh my god, I am so sorry, just seen this thread now. I am thinking of you and sending prayers to you in this very sad time :(

jcj528
31st August 2007, 02:39 PM
There's not much that can be said at a time like this that will lessen the pain you are in right now. However, you know you are doing the right thing by Coco and that's in truth all that matters. In time, the trauma and sorrow will lessen and eventually you will be able to remember Coco with a smile and not with tears. Please know that I have you, your family and Coco in my thoughts and prayers.

arasara
31st August 2007, 03:07 PM
i'm sorry to hear about coco :( I'm thinking of you and your family during this difficult time :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Spencer'sMom
31st August 2007, 03:08 PM
I'm so sorry, Sally and I'll be thinking about you and your family. I know Coco will be smiling down at you from the Rainbow Bridge all weekend long.

brid kenny
31st August 2007, 06:26 PM
I'm sooo sorry to hear this. He was a lovely dog the few hours that I had him. And you gave him a great few last weeks. Thinking of you.

Karlin
31st August 2007, 06:39 PM
I am so sorry you have had to make such a choice, especially when he had so little time with you. You certainly gave him a much better life than he had come from before, and gave him great love while in your home. You have taken a hard decision, but it is out of care and love. :flwr:

ourempire
31st August 2007, 06:51 PM
I am so sorry for you. I know how hard this decision is, and how difficult it has been through the last days. Lots of hugs and thoughts from me.
Charlotte

ppotterfield
31st August 2007, 08:52 PM
If not for you, Coco may not have had anyone to wait for at the Bridge, someone who loved him while he was on earth. Thank you for caring and for giving him such a wonderful home for the last weeks of his life. He was lucky to have found you and I am sure you have grown by having him with you.

Chelle & Rex
31st August 2007, 09:00 PM
Sally I'm so sorry to hear about Coco, I'd been watching this thread to see how things were going. My heart goes out to you but as many others have said Coco had a short but brill time with you :hug: :hug: :hug: from me and Rex xxx

merlinsmum
31st August 2007, 11:22 PM
Big hugs to you and your family at such a sad time. Remember the good times with Coco and be thnkful you gave him the best last days of his life.

Bless you

Rj Mac
31st August 2007, 11:28 PM
We're so sorry to hear this Sallymum, it's such a heartbreaking decision to make, your in our thoughts and prayers :flwr:

Aileen
31st August 2007, 11:35 PM
I am so sorry nothing I say can help :hug:
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Cathy Moon
31st August 2007, 11:42 PM
Bless you for giving Coco a loving home for the last weeks of his life. I'm so glad little Coco had a chance to be your sweet boy before his time came. It is a sad time, but remember that you and your family have given Coco what he needed most. There is nothing sweeter than that! :hug::flwr::lotsaluv:

sallymum
1st September 2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone.

PamH
1st September 2007, 11:59 AM
He was very blessed to have you in his life.
Pam

Caraline
1st September 2007, 01:31 PM
Oh I am so sad to have just read this thread. I am terribly sorry this happened to Coco. You must be so sad. At least he had you in his life and that is a blessing. :hug:

jennifer
1st September 2007, 01:35 PM
Oh i am sorry. :hug:

jld
1st September 2007, 03:04 PM
My heart goes out to you......

shippers
1st September 2007, 04:32 PM
:hug: Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

sallymum
1st September 2007, 09:42 PM
Hi folks thanks for all ur kind words and PM's. It is tough and i hope i dont have to go through this again for a good few years. I always thought it would be Sam that i would have to make this decission for first. Shows u can never tell.

coconut
1st September 2007, 09:44 PM
hope so too! thinking about u in ur hard time!

Mimi
2nd September 2007, 12:23 AM
I'm so sorry about Coco , sending you hugs from Heidi and nifa and ruagh
Mimi

amanda L
2nd September 2007, 01:45 PM
So sorry about Coco, thinking of you at this time
Amanda, Elliot and Milly

Nicki
2nd September 2007, 04:09 PM
Oh Mary I'm so very sorry that you've had to give Coco his wings. It is always very hard to make these decisions, but you have done the best and most loving thing you could have done for Coco.

Thinking of you - remember you gave Coco many happy months, that he may not have had otherwise.

Molly's mom
2nd September 2007, 10:50 PM
:cry*ing: I am so sorry to hear about Coco. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

pinkpuppy
3rd September 2007, 12:35 AM
I am so sorry you had to come to this decision. My thoughts and prays with yours. :(