• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How many times is too many times?

PseudoTwins

Laci is going poo several times a day. I might even classify it as "many". Reggie usually goes twice a day, once in the morning and once after dinner. Why would Laci go so much? Her and Reggie eat the same amount. Laci may drink a little more, but hardly much more than Reggie. I don't mean to keep comparing the two, but I can't help it!
Confused,
Donna :confused:

Some kids like to go a lot, some a little, too. It's just different strokes for different folks. The puppies aren't clones, don't forget :lol: -- they are individuals and will always do some things completely differently. (y)

Do you have any good guidebooks on raising a puppy? These would answer a lot of your basic questions and make you feel more comfortable and reassured. :) I recommend ordering:

Ian Dunbar:Before You Get Your PUppy

Ian Dunbar: After You Get Your Puppy

Here: http://www.sitstay.com/store/books/puppy1.shtml

My two are the same....one goes many times a day and one goes once or twice.

I have the same situation with 3 cavs; Geordie goes most often, Chockie goes least often, and India is right in between!:)

Just to keep things straight. I posted this on the wrong thread.

Thanks for the advice. I have read many articles and books on this subject. I appreciate your input. My question was more specific to this breed rather than all dogs in general.

One last question on the subject :grnyuk: : Are there any suggestions for firming up Laci's poo?

Just to keep things straight. I posted this on the wrong thread.

Thanks for the advice. I have read many articles and books on this subject. I appreciate your input. My question was more specific to this breed rather than all dogs in general.

One last question on the subject :grnyuk: : Are there any suggestions for firming up Laci's poo?

Have you tried a probiotic added to the food? I have used fastrack, prozyme etc... and they can work to get more out of the food.

You could also try adding a teaspoon of bran to her food, this works wonders and is also good for keeping anal glands clear too!! NOT cereal bran, more the type of bran you find at the health food store!!

Sandy, I'm not sure what a probiotic is? Can I get it at the pet store or my vet?

When an animal becomes ill, or is on an antibiotic or is under stress- it can throw its bacteria balance in the gut off. We need bacteria to be balanced so we digest our food well and have 'normal' bowel movements. I use a suprazyme brand probiotic, prebiotic, with enzymes- it can be purchased at KV vet - google kv vet. There are a number of less expensive brands that would work too. Better brands of dog foods are putting probiotics in their foods. Fastrack can be bought in a tube dispenser - there is a brand that is sold at Petco and PetSmart.

Back