PDA

View Full Version : The happy story of Mungo!

Nick
28th August 2007, 10:18 PM
Hi All,

As you may know from the Rescue forum, we got Mungo from a pound yesterday. Having seen the vet, and bathed and settled him in last night, we felt that the poor boy deserved a bit of pampering. May I present the new look Mungo, following 4 hours with professional groomers:

Where has my coat gone?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1227/1260800898_463c308004.jpg

Hey, I've got muscles!!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1153/1260799414_6b5c3fb04f.jpg

Hugo and Mungo!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1197/1260797912_0e586150ae.jpg

I love my new bed

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1359/1260802204_7ae5ffeb06.jpg

My Hero!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1067/1256884113_9dbd23864b.jpg

You know, we are so happy to have Mungo, and we feel that Mungo feels the same. It just goes to show that even the saddest tales can have happy endings. Once again, so many thanks are due to everyone who helped, and cared.

Nick:p

Mycavyangels
28th August 2007, 10:22 PM
awwww he is adorable :D :D Thanks for sharing:)

coconut
28th August 2007, 10:24 PM
oh my god he is really a handsome fellow under all of that dirty coat!! so glad he found a loving home!!!

brid kenny
28th August 2007, 10:25 PM
He looks so comfy now. Great that he has a happy ending!:rah: :rah:

ppotterfield
28th August 2007, 10:25 PM
What a handsome fellow there was under all that dirty coat!!! Having him shaved downa and "start over" was probably the best way to go. Bet he feels better and pampered. Aw, even for a guy, there is nothing like a day at the Spa!!

WoodHaven
28th August 2007, 10:28 PM
All I can say is WOW. I can't believe that is the same dog! It looks like you've done miracles already. Best to you and yours!

Lynn
28th August 2007, 10:46 PM
I'm sooooooooo thrilled for Mungo!!!!!!! Look at what a handsome gentleman he is!!!! He is so blessed to have such loving care....you folks are the BEST!!! (this story has had me in joyful tears two days in a row!!!)

Barbara Nixon
28th August 2007, 10:51 PM
Even his eyes look better. Just wait until his ears and feathering grow back. He'll be a stunner.

misty
28th August 2007, 11:00 PM
omg, I'm almost in tears now.

Lucky Mungo, you are so handsome and so lucky to be in your forever home. :)

*Pauline*
28th August 2007, 11:37 PM
I bet he is loving every second he spends with you and your family. His eyes look so much better.

Ruth
28th August 2007, 11:56 PM
What a difference a day makes!
From every cavalier lover, thankyou for taking this super boy on.
Ruth

Karlin
29th August 2007, 12:03 AM
Oh gosh what a difference once all that shaggy dirty coat came off! He looks like a different dog. He'll be a new man now that he can start over and his coat will come right back in nicely and without all that grime. His eyes look so much better too. I love how he has already found and claimed his bed! Thanks so much for taking him in. He looks like he has a really special little friend there, too. :)

pinkpuppy
29th August 2007, 12:06 AM
Wow! He's not a scruffy dog after all. Thank goodness he's found a new home!:luv:

sallymum
29th August 2007, 12:37 AM
What a lucky boy. He was lucky to go to a lovely person like u. Mungo looks 100% better. Well done u.:flwr:

Ur two little boys names match.

Claire L
29th August 2007, 11:14 AM
WTG Mungo............you're looking good kiddo :luv:

Rj Mac
29th August 2007, 11:22 AM
:w*w: what a difference a day at the groomers and a loving home makes

Mungo you are a very luck boy and a handsome one too!:D

lisa

Cathryn
29th August 2007, 11:42 AM
:w*w: Mungo you handsome lad!! Well Done Nick and family for making such a huge difference to this lads life!! He looks very settled with you already, his eye's are looking good too :thmbsup: Always nice when there is such a happy ending!! :lotsaluv:

Emma n Renco
29th August 2007, 02:50 PM
wow wow wow what a lucky boy he is to have been rescued by you. Well done! looking forward to seeing more pictures of him soon. Congratulations!!!

Cleo's Person
29th August 2007, 04:02 PM
He looks fantastic after his trip to the groomers. Much better to start keeping him clean from scratch. Even his eyes look better! Well done Nick and family for taking him in. I'm delighted that he has a new home - which he seems to have totally made his own in the short time he's been with you. :luv:

jennifer
29th August 2007, 07:00 PM
Awww, so sweet. Glad he is with a loving home.

Mimi
30th August 2007, 12:07 AM
Mungo you have landed on your feet, I love happy endings .
Kisses from Heidi and Nifa
mimi

PamH
30th August 2007, 02:16 AM
I can just imagine him with a full healthy coat.
Best of luck.
Pam

jld
30th August 2007, 04:31 AM
Oh, I am so happy for you all......the way he looks now brings tears to my eyes. I know he feels so loved.

Cathy T
30th August 2007, 05:07 PM
All I can say is....bless your big huge gigantic heart!!! Mungo looks sooo much better. Boy am I glad he's in a loving home now and will be spoiled rotten just like he should be. What a beautiful story!

Scouty girl
31st August 2007, 05:02 PM
Nick you and your family are the best!!! Mungo looks so happy and he's a handsome fellow. He looks very comfy in his new bed. I'm looking forward to many months of new pictures. We can watch his coat grow back. LOL

Cathy Moon
2nd September 2007, 02:55 AM
He's a lovely little man, so lucky to have you for his family! :luv:
Yes, we'll be looking for photos of Mungo as his coat grows back in. :)

Nick
25th September 2007, 07:59 PM
Hi All,

I thought it was time for a brief update on Mungo. :*bay:

The last month has been so busy for us all. We have been taking Mungo for a couple of walks every day, and he has made a special friend with a rescue rough collie, who lives a few doors away from us. As expected, Mungo is a really sociable little guy, and he loves getting attention from dogs and mere humans alike.:rolleyes: We also got him chipped and insured, so he really is part of the family now!!!

Sadly, we have also had a couple of visits to the vets, as we were worried about Mungo's eyes, ears and general mood. :( He also started yelping, both in his sleep and when awake. In a state of terror, we brought him to the vet - fully expecting to get an SM diagnosis. Our vet assured us that it was far too early to assume the worst, and recommended that we increase the treatment for his eyes and ears first on a stand alone basis. He also had his gland squeezed (poor lad). Now he is on a strict regime of anti-inflammitaries and pain killers (due to end tomorrow so :xfngr: that his yelping doesn't return), Optimmune for his eyes, and Oridermyl for his ears. Happily, he is much better since we started on his regime :-p.

I am attaching a couple of :snap:, taken after Mungo was given a treat following his eye drops, just to show how he is coming along fine, and also to act as an encouragement to others to give a home to a rescue dog. It is such a rewarding experience for us all, and we can't imagine life without Mungo!

Hugo and Mungo with chew!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1200/1439077896_a5f25d807c.jpg

How do my eyes look?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1156/1439081046_7a6488a937.jpg

I bet I can outstare you!!!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1175/1438224747_069694a1bd.jpg

Treats are yummy!!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1003/1438221409_2adc6ac200.jpg

Thanks again for trusting us to look after Mungo.

Nick and family

*Pauline*
25th September 2007, 08:24 PM
Oh he's lovely. He looks great. What a difference from his first pictures. Are you going to grow his coat long again?

Rj Mac
25th September 2007, 08:48 PM
He's looking great, so glad that he's settled well, congratulationscl*pcl*p

and also to act as an encouragement to others to give a home to a rescue dog. It is such a rewarding experience for us all,

Could not agree with you more :thmbsup:

pinkpuppy
25th September 2007, 08:54 PM
He looks so content and happy. Great job!

frecklesmom
25th September 2007, 09:16 PM
Mungo has the sweet life now,someone to always love and care for him. He looks like such a nice boy, glad you have him and glad he has you.

ppotterfield
25th September 2007, 09:50 PM
I love the story of Mungo! Thank you, Nick and family, for taking such good care of him.

Karlin
25th September 2007, 10:09 PM
He looks fantastic -- I can see his new coat has already started to come in. What wonderful pictures.

There are so many things that could cause yelping that I'd not get worried -- let your vet help you work through various possibilites. Even if this is SM, I have two SM dogs, both of which lead quite happy lives. There are medications that would likely reduce his discomfort level and given that he is an older gentleman, and he is generally in good shape otherwise, he should do pretty well if he needed those extra painkillers.

Pm me if you have any questions, or give me a ring. Can you PM me your mailing address? I can then send you out my homing pack (which I forgot to do!) which has all sorts of info including some SM info for your vet and/or for you.

You are probably more likely to be dealing with perhaps a joint pain problem though, I think, or some other source of discomfort. :thmbsup:

OhMarley
26th September 2007, 09:54 AM
He looks wonderful :) keep the updates coming reading this just puts a big smile of my face! What a lucky boy Mungo it:D